Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow threatens to quit Tech 3 over Espargaro deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow threatens to quit Tech 3 over Espargaro deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow threatens to quit Tech 3 over Espargaro deal

Cal Crutchlow’s frustration with Yamaha’s long-running pursuit of Spanish Moto2 rider Pol Espargaro could see him quit the satellite Monster-backed Tech 3 squad at the end of 2013. The British rider is adamant that his number one option for 2014 is to remain in the French-based Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad but on a contract direct with Yamaha in Japan. That is...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 May 2013 18:28)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
cossie748

Dec 07

cossie748 says:

Get on the Suzuki Cal! All the privelliges of being a factory rider and also the opportunity to play a role in developing a new bike. Would love to see Cal and Hopper on factory suzuki's next year.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Wank..

Gotta say..Yamaha and Poncheral have got some funny ideas.

Lorenzo is the future?

Let's not forget he was a cock-hair away from taking Pedrosa's spot last year after Casey quit. It must have broke Jarvis' heart to break the bank, without Rossi's FIAT money and for the 2nd time in two years, to have to keep him.

If Yamaha want a "pool" of good riders, they're gonna have to stump up. Espargaro is a fkin softee with a silver spoon up his arse. Sam Lowes would slap him solid.

Personally, I think his one year deal is a shrewd move. Crutchlow will be the biggest player in the transfer market this year, if his results keep going the same way.

There is bound to be interest from everyone. He can afford to wait and let them all come to him.

It's a game of 3 card brag poker..but Cal is blind and knows what cards he's holding. He's there to earn money, same as the rest of them.

Fuck the Politically Correct protocol..carry on letting your riding walk the walk and you'll be fine.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Pacey..

..my comments are based solely on the fact Crutchlow IS delivering on his potential. If he was bringing the bike home in 10th, then I'd be the first to say put someone else in. If the Espagaro deal goes through, don't be fooled into thinking it's for our benefit or the benefit of the sport in general - it's once again down to the coffers these riders bring to the ride, which to my way of thinking is a sorry state of affairs.

Reply to this Topic
simondick76

Jan 09

simondick76 says:

Don't really care

If people don't think I know what I'm on about. The facts are Crutchlow makes a hell of lot of mistakes. It's very rare for him to have a weekend where he doesn't crash, and if he isn't crashing he always runs on. Since he came to MOTOGP he has constantly moans about not being on a factory bike, and before that it was that other people had raced at that particular more than him!!! He always has excuses where in theory he should just get on with and let his riding do the talking. I concede that he is doing a good job this year and deserves to be in MOTOGP but he really does need to just shut up and ride!! He was ready to jump ship last year to go to Ducati until they decided Dovi was the better rider, so why should yamaha have any loyalty to Crutchlow, as he would have left to get on a crap bike!!! Another thing he goes on about is how much he gets paid!!! He is all about the money not being successful.

Reply to this Topic
Stonered

Sep 12

Stonered says:

Bloody hell Wossi...either the Stella has got to me or you actually made sense there!

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

CHR

Mate, i'm with ya re- Cals performances. He should have been JLo's wingman this season imo. Vale getting the ride shows the state of the sport (and NO, that's NOT a dig at the yella bellies!).

All Cal can do is ride as well as possible for Cal, no-one else. I'd give both of wosi's bollox (but not his liver) to be half as good as him.

Cal should stop bitching about things that are irrelevant atm and do what he does best. Politics eh. It's bloody everywhere!!!!  

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

can you blame him ?

In this mad pc world we seem to not like anyone who is honest ,but hells teeth after his efforts to date should he be in this position ,He does well to give his best when all this is going on so early in the season and last year was just the same for him,If Yamaha cant see what they have in him more fool them also they really cant be interested in the British market at all,It's more or less like between Dorna with the TV deal and the factories support of British riders they are sticking two fingers up at us,perhaps with the governments attitude toward driving motorcycling off our streets they see the uk as a dead market,we keep hearing how the powers want more involvement with Malasia ,India etc ,too much politics rather than rewarding a riders ability ,Rant over !

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Deja Vu....

Remember Rossi said he would not stay at Yamaha with Lorenzo?

Then Yamaha effectively ditched him and he ended up at Ducati.

So what makes Crutchlow (no MotoGP wins) think he will succeed at holding Yamaha to ransom where Rossi (seven time MotoGP champion) failed?

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Stuck in the corner

Problem yamaha have is that Rossi Lorenzo & bradey smith are all locked into a 2 year deals,that leaves one bike available,Lin Jarvis has said that tech 3 is a satellite team , no more no less, & yamaha will not supply 4 full factory bikes.& that will never change. So cals only option is Suzuki or Ducati , but ducat will robes by want to retain Nicky Hayden cos of the big us market, so that leaves Suzuki ,a bit of an unknown but a full factory bike,, all will be revealed at the test after Barcelona , I think Suzuki will be back as they would not test in public unless they were sure its not too slow , cal should leave the politics to his manager & just concentrate on riding

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Wrong..

Yamaha didn't ditch Rossi..he walked away and took FIAT (14 million) and PETRONAS (8 million) and 24 million year with him.

They want to race with Honda but haven't got the clout. They plead poverty and won't put on a third factory bike..apparently.

Espargaro's have money. Yamaha need it. Cal's problem is with the money side and duplicity..you cannot blame him for NOT doffing the cap and standing his ground.

MotoGP is big business. There IS money sloshing around, so why shouldn't he have some of it?

Jarvis talks about the sport being too Eurocentric, Spanish in particular..then wants to sign a relatively unproven Spaniard with money?

Work the fucker out.

There are other options out there for Cal.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices