Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow threatens to quit Tech 3 over Espargaro deal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow threatens to quit Tech 3 over Espargaro deal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow threatens to quit Tech 3 over Espargaro deal

Cal Crutchlow’s frustration with Yamaha’s long-running pursuit of Spanish Moto2 rider Pol Espargaro could see him quit the satellite Monster-backed Tech 3 squad at the end of 2013. The British rider is adamant that his number one option for 2014 is to remain in the French-based Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad but on a contract direct with Yamaha in Japan. That is...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (30 May 2013 18:28)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BackLaneBender

Nov 10

3 Podium's in 3 years lets keep the Honey Badger LOL

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

QUIT!!!!

you cant quit a job you dont have.

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

agree

i agree with Cal. he's angry it seems and he's totaly right about that. if i were Cal and wanted to ditch yamaha last year for the crap ducati bike and took the title from stoner as the new moaner i would be angry with my self to. so he's right about that. he's stupid and he knows it. he was angry with ducatiu now he's angry with yamaha because he rides tech3 hahahah. Honda sure dont want him so he burned every good place to be. wait im gonna set my own house on fire and blame yamaha to.!!!!

Reply to this Topic
willc955

Jun 12

willc955 says:

exciting

For me, the 2 best stories in MotoGP right now are Crutchlow and Marquez.  Marquez for his talent, and Cal for riding angry with a point to prove.  I also find it amusing how many of us like to log into net forums to gob off about how we don't like riders gobbing off.  I imagine their is a fair amount of bullshit to be dealt with in the highest echelons of GP racing, and in such a controlled, PR-conscious environment, sometimes it's nice to have someone mouthing off, especially if they have a point.

Also, I am wondering...if a factory RCV is such a weapon, then why has the Tech 3 satellite M1 team continually made their factory-supported Honda counterparts look very average?  Well, half of the Tech 3 team, anyway...which brings me to my next question:  if nationality is a deciding factor in getting a GP ride, and a team wants a British rider, why would anyone take Smith over Crutchlow??  I still do not understand this.

It seems to me that Crutchlow and Dovi, too, deserved more factory support from the Tuning Sporks...what kind of results would they be getting if they had kept the Dovi/Crutchlow combo and gotten that support?  Maybe the factory really can't stomach seeing a satellite squad outperform their chosen darlings.  I suppose it really boils down to there being more talented riders than there are competitive rides in GP.

Also, I think Jarvis is the real alien.  He just looks like the devil's confidante, or something.  Bring back Furusawa-san.

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

FACT VERSUS OPINION ...

OPINION? MotoGP rider selection is intrinsically & grossly unfair - solely governed by factors other than talent.

FACT: Well, that very much depends upon who is doing the hiring & with what objectives in mind. MotoGP is a nest of Vipers with byzantine "reasons & underlying or concealed motives" to the fore. Some play a long game, looking a year or two down the track. (no pun intended) Consider: - does a Factory's Satellite Team REALLY want to consistently beat their own Factory & providor of all good things - including the very reason for being? The accepted general idea & major motive is to assist & “develop” new-ish/promising & 2nd- tier riders into contenders for 1st team places. Yes?

OPINION? Cal Crutchlow is the bee's knees & really should be getting better bikes & a full factory contract, ad infinitum & blah blah blah ...

FACT: I stand by the stats evident in my last post (only 3 x Podiums in x 38 GP starts/races to date) & point-out that Cal arsed-off again in practice for Mugello. I am not without sympathy, being a long-time Hay Fever sufferer myself & can verify that sneezing & "tearing-up" & having streaming eyes inside a full face helmet is right up there on a par with chundering into it (ask Casey Stoner) - but at least in calling "Ruth" or "Europe" - it is possible to keep one's eyes open - it isn't when sneezing! Either is "dead dodgy" at very high velocities. Try it sometime ...

FACT: Someone really should bring Cal up to speed with "over-the-pharmacy-counter/Proprietary anti-histamine & hay-fever drugs" such as TELFAST. The active ingredient in here is FEXOFENADINE HYDROCHLORIDE - which is "non-drowsy" & seems NOT to be on the banned list of substances - whereas - so many of the "old generation" anti-histamine & cough, colds & 'Flu drugs etc are & contain taboo stuff such as pseudoephedrine. That an allegedly "top flight" GP rider doesn't seem to appreciate or know this is quite pathetic & definitely "unprofessional".

OPINION? I love "truth-tellers" breaking-free of a tightly controlled PR & hermetically-sealed, bullshit Corporate environment, personally - but I do wish Cal, would engage his brain at times B4 doing his best "loose lips sink ships" (and careers) impression.

FACT: He (Cal) had a "contract opportunity" and blew it. Exactly as someone else here said - when he thought he might jump ship to Ducati Corse. In that respect, like Flossi before him - Cal has painted himself into his own cramped corner that is wholly self-created.

OPINION? Someone else highlighted this too: - maybe Bradl & Bautista haven't hit their respective straps yet this season - but someone who definitely has on the allegedly "uncompetitive" Ducati Desmo - is Andrea Dovizioso. How very slutted-off & panicky Flossi must have felt to see the machine he couldn't ride to the shops on, disappearing over the horizon in front @ Le Mans - while the "other" one - ridden by his old, plodding #2 @ Ducati, Nicky Hayden was right up his date & pressuring from behind. And all this on the allegedly best bike on the grid & one of Flossi's "strongest" tracks. Is it any wonder that our Flossi did a Cal - and - arsed off?

FACT: The above is only an "opinion"

Cheers

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Just shut up Cal

This big mouth fool talked his way out of a Ducati contract last year and it seems he's learn nothing from it. No manufacture wants to negotiate contracts out in the open, they don't want you telling their business in public (I don't believe it has been officially announced that Pol is actually sign as Cal says), and they damn sure don't want to feel pressured by a mouthy idiot rider. Let your riding speak in public and do the contract talks behind close doors. Oh, and when a rider is left without a seat in a team because someone else was chosen and sign, it's not called "quitting the team", it's called getting fired.

Reply to this Topic
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

Well done m8

Great result Cal! Satellite running against factory, on the podium! As Iv'e said before, the right machine will put Cal on the top step.

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

Cal made his point again today. Thank f**k he didn't go with that bag of lard Duckatley.

Well done Cal, you're a legend in our house already mate ! Hero !

Reply to this Topic
mickrainey

Feb 13

mickrainey says:

ballsack

if Dovi was on a decent bike and Marquez didn't bin it he would of been fifth, prob 6th if Rossi wasn't skittled by the bowling ball

Reply to this Topic
Shagrat57

Nov 11

Shagrat57 says:

Dovi IS on a decent bike and Marc DID bin it (while not even under pressure from Danny). There are always "what if's" and an element of luck involved, but ultimately these guys make their own luck. As for Cal crashing out in practice, it's not unheard of to see Pedrosa crashing in practice either. When you're pushing hard on the limit, that sometimes happens. It's pointless saying Cal's only had 3 podiums in 38 starts, he's a different rider now to what he was last year or 2011. Having said all that, I also feel he should keep his contractual discussions out of the public eye and let his results do the talking.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices