Skip to content

Discuss This Mugello MotoGP: Ben Spies fears long injury lay-off MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Mugello MotoGP: Ben Spies fears long injury lay-off

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Mugello MotoGP: Ben Spies fears long injury lay-off

Ben Spies fears he is facing a lengthy injury lay-off after he took the difficult decision to withdraw from this weekend’s Italian MotoGP race in Mugello. The Texan is still not close to being 100% recovered from injuries suffered as a result of him over compensating for severe damage to his right shoulder he first suffered following a crash way back...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 June 2013 18:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

and it's going to get

Even longer , there is something just lacking from him in my opinion, since he threw his dummy out after being told to either perform or go its been nothing but sob stories , He will be teaming up with Neil Hodson and James Toseland soon

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

Give the bike to someone who really wants it...

and not just for the pay check.... I used to have so much respect for Ben.

Reply to this Topic
seamusmcg

Sep 12

seamusmcg says:

Give the ride to Pirro. Spies is a pussy.

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

Spies?

I think it would be better for everyone if he cancelled his two-year contract and went back to America to recover. Like John 'Hopper' Hopkins is doing, have some time off, be more involved with his cycling team and his burger restaurants, then maybe go to AMA or World SBK or maybe just be a test rider for Suzuki, I'm sure they'll take him back despite ditching them for Yamaha in 2009.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I cannot make any sense of the nonsense below

He's had a rough couple of years has Spies. 2012 was of course as much of his own lacklustre peformance as the bad luck he had, but this shoulder injury is obviously of a big concern for him. Shades of Hodgson indeed perhaps Stig.

Spies signed for Ducati because it was the best option available to him and he believed he had not yet shown his best in MotoGP - I am inclined to agree. It is now clear the M1 never really suited his more agressive riding style, having always been developed as a flow monster from the Rossi and then Lorenzo years.

I'm looking forward to seeing a 100% fit Spies on the Duke. Floating around in 10th really is not his natural station.

A really shame for Spies, but great news for Pirro though!

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

End of career injury?

Soft and semi soft tissue damage is a very serious problem indeed. Can take years to never to repair/heal. It's not like he hurt himself at or near the top of his game and that can make your contracts appear to be covered in poo when presented to a potential employer.

He may be accused of lacking a bit of mental fortitude comared to some of his associates in the GP paddock, and I have given him a lot of stick over the years just to wind up his slightly over exhuberent fan base, but to call him a pussy???? No class.............

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Fuck him off..he's a useless cunt.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Realistically

Spies as a potential force in MGP is pretty much over. A half decent return after the winter break is the best he can aim for right now. Thereafter,not much. Too many young guns banging on prototype doors.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I reckon Ben should jus't chill for the rest of this season. And then come back to WSB. After all he's had his chance, even on a factory bike in motoGP. And it jus't has not worked out for him. The dude can ride, the way he rode that crosplane Yamaha without knowing any of the tracks? That was jus't verry good. Problem is? There are hardly any good bikes in Superbikes as well. A Yamaha R1 triple 1100 with Ben riding it would be good.

Reply to this Topic
willc955

Jun 12

willc955 says:

who knows...

...maybe the dead guy whose ligaments make up Ben's shoulder now wasn't a GP racer in life, so it'll take a bit longer for them to adjust.  It sucks to keep hearing that Spies is missing races....here's hoping that he can reach 110% fitness again.  Mladin is making a comeback, so maybe that'll stoke his fire a little....

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices