Skip to content

Discuss This Mugello MotoGP: Ben Spies fears long injury lay-off MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Mugello MotoGP: Ben Spies fears long injury lay-off

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Mugello MotoGP: Ben Spies fears long injury lay-off

Ben Spies fears he is facing a lengthy injury lay-off after he took the difficult decision to withdraw from this weekend’s Italian MotoGP race in Mugello. The Texan is still not close to being 100% recovered from injuries suffered as a result of him over compensating for severe damage to his right shoulder he first suffered following a crash way back...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (01 June 2013 18:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Wozi

Showing ur class there again!!!

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

After a somewhat promising start 3 years ago, it's all gone to the dogs now.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Let me re-phrase..

In my humble opinion, Ducati should cancel Bens contract..he's been nothing but an embarrassment.

There..Sorry if I upset your delicate sensibilities Foggy..

Do you have your own opinion on the debacle that is Spies?..or are you too busy pulling those fence splinters out your arse and prefer playing it safe, while carrying out your new job of monitor in charge of tasteless comments?

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

Happy and confident in himself...

He hasn't been this for over a year now... for whatever reason we want to 'guess' at.... but whatever the reason, that is the reality... which means he is taking the half decent ride and decent pay check from a good young rider who deserves an opportunity and will try to make the most of it. Head back to the US pronto Mr BS, give your bike and wages to someone that deserves it and just chill for the rest of this year and then show yourself and the world again how 'fin awesome you can ride in AMA or WSBK.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

He's an enigma..

..obviously setting the world alight in AMA and Superbikes, and a not too shabby season on the Tech 3 set his stock high. To me it looks as though the fire's gone out for Spies - he's unquestionably talented, but the desire for racing seems to have left him. Find that again and who knows?...

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Good point Rev..

He should have won that race and was way too cautious letting Stoner get back to him, Spies must have had a few sleepless nights over that one?

You could almost here him say " But Casey..I thought we were mates?"

Another thing..most of these guys are nuts about motorbikes yet he doesn't go near one during the off season.

In the middle of his hissy fit last year..didn't he say that racing bikes was just a means to an end?

Hardly the attitude you'd expect from a WC.

No..he's lost it I'm afraid.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Bang on there Benny.

It hit spies hard when it dawned on him he just wasnt as good as the Aliens, anf his arse has fallen out every since. Once the belief in yourself goes, the jobs fecked.

Shame because he does have alot of talent and could be a regular top six racer, sadly the shoulder is the perfect get out clause for a shattered ego.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Or to put it another way

Good luck to the Kid..

He was very disappointing last year. I don't buy that it was all bad luck. He lost focus, spat the dummy and almost ran away.

But if he can put that shit behind him, re-ignite some passion, show the same bottle he had in AMA against Mladin and ride a bike like we know he can..he'll have a good chance of re-establishing himself.

No more feeling sorry for yourself Ben..or it'll be back to flipping burgers.

To quote Wosi from a few short days ago.

Yeah, he's washed up, no desire, he let Stoner win Valencia. That'll be why he's putting himself through 3-5 hours of rehab per day and is eager as to get back in the saddle 100% fit. It's as the man himself says from Benny's Crash.net interview. The world is full of ignorant race fans.

Reply to this Topic
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

shock

With so little to go on it's hard to say what is going on with Ben. But I have seen a few shots of his mother in the past and the look on her face when anyone goes over to talk to Ben?

In my humble opinion Ben needs to remove his mother from the equasion and put a trusted friend in her place...

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Nostro ?

So do you make any sense of whats gone wrong or not ?,As CHR puts it ,I think his fire has gone out and the desire to overcome adversity just not there,He was awsome in WSB and showed promise at Tech3 and beyond, However he has emulated JT and Hodson in more ways than one,This is the pinnacle of the sport a multi million pound business and investors want their pound of flesh, any sport is the same at the top,I'm afraid no matter how your loyalties are or your admiration for the man is, all the signs are he's a washed up shadow of his former self, worse still in moto gp terms injured or not he has blown it and that happened before this shoulder business,He's no longer "to cool for school" just dull dreary and uninspired sad but it happens,Burgers bars and bikes and Mum maybe take up too much of his focus, who knows but he aint World champion in the making,hoope that helps you understand the views of many below Nossie

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices