General Fazer 1000 rev counter problem General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Fazer 1000 rev counter problem

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Barney Fartpants

Sep 07

Fazer 1000 rev counter problem

Hey all. Went for a rideout today with a mate who rides a fazer 1000, circa '02-'03 I think. Whenever he starts it up the rev counter behaves erratically, like going up to 7k and back down when it's ticking over. And bouncing up and down at everything in between. He says it behaves ok when he's riding though.

Anybody and ideas what's doing it? I was thinking maybe a faulty or dirty pick-up sensor. Anyone know where the pick-up is located, flywheel, final drive, etc?

Cheers.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (02 June 2013 21:51)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Barney

Ain't got a Bastard Clue ....And What's more....I don/t Bloody care.........Been waiting in all day whilst the rest went to Squires...whereever that is.....None of them took a Bastard Camera ....... so i'm not happy......:mad:

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

rev counter

Up to 7k it`s detected a fault in the EXUP, (valve in the exhaust system just before the can),when was the last service done on it?

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

there's a lot...

of threads like this on google.Sometimes it's corrosion in wiring and block connectors, but this seems to fit the bill for the 7k thing.servo motor on exhaust valve?

Reply to this Topic
Barney Fartpants

Sep 07

Thanks chaps

Not sure when it was last serviced, but he'd have done the oil and filters etc. himself. He wouldn't have touched the EXUP I can say that for sure. That gives us something to go with :smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices