Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi reflects on disastrous first lap exit MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi reflects on disastrous first lap exit

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi reflects on disastrous first lap exit

Valentino Rossi was fortunate to escape injury after the Italian’s hopes of claiming a home podium in Mugello were ended by a disastrous first lap collision with Spaniard Alvaro Bautista. The factory Yamaha rider was trying to gain lost ground after a sluggish start from seventh on the grid when he collided with Bautista’s Gresini Honda RC213V at just the third...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 June 2013 10:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

monkey

I choose to be supportive or Rossi and his efforts.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I always support anyone that shows effort, it's to be applauded. But with Vale I've seen zip in the way of effort for 3yrs. He's still quick, but nowhere near as fast as the hype anymore. That's my honest opinion bud, 'colours off' so to speak. 

Time to say goodbye to riding, but maybe utilise his vast experience/business acumen to run a team? That'd be my choice personally. Motogp would still have Vale involved and Vale would still be in MotoGp.

Win-win :)

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

If I believed in Karma

I'd say nr.6 is really reaping what he & his dodgy Uncle sowed for all those years.

The bedwetters say 'why doesn't he just qualify better?' Jamie put it very succinctly - impossible. And let's also remember nr.6 race pace doesn't actually equate to race winning pace, it's sort of more a muddling around 4th to 8th type of pace.

They said after Qatar - 'It'll only get better' it got worse. They said after Cota 'It'll only get better' barely. They said after Jerez 'It'll only get better' it got worse. They said after Le Mans 'It'll only get better' It got worse. Notice a trend here little yellow chickadees? There's nothing in the performances of your fallen yellow sun god to suggest he'll do anything more than what's he's done already this season - and he's at the top of his game too. He's never been quicker. Rossi quick, is simply not quick enough anymore though.

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

WHAT EVER NEXT?......

Well next is Spain,again,so another chance to shine like a yellow sunbeam across his adoring fan`s. Lovely.....Except they won`t see fck-all,`cos most are obviously bleeding blind. ...Let`s hope shit don`t happen in three`s,eh?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Monkey...

"Depends if you want to be critical of Rossi or supportive"

I see your point but I was being analytical. He has less points now than at any time in his career since his 1st season in 125s... that includes his 2 years at Ducati. He started the season off relatively strongly... it has gone downhill. He's plummeted from 2nd in the championship to 6th with less than half of the points of the championship leader. Nothing I have said here has been critical.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

We know that race pace doesn't equate to race wins, but with Rossi's FP pace, we know he would of been on the podium if it wasn't for that twat Bautista. That's why it is far too early to be talking about his retirement and has every suggestion to say he will be on the podium very soon. So yes, all the orange piss stains, get your digs in while you can, coz it aint gunna last.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Firebird

So yes, all the orange piss stains, get your digs in while you can, coz it aint gunna last.

------------------------------------------------------------

It's lasted 2 1/2yrs with no sign of improving.

Now fuckoff.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

FB...

"We know that race pace doesn't equate to race wins, but with Rossi's FP pace, we know he would of been on the podium if it wasn't for that twat Bautista"

There were a lot of people who's qualifying pace (that's where they sort out the grid positions, yeah?) was faster... so they'd all be on the podium too?... if Rossi hadn't had such an appalling qualifying & then cocked up his start Bautista wouldn't have been anywhere near him... he did & he was... his crap qualifying has cost him dearly in the past... it seems to be a problem he can't fix.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

We know that race pace doesn't equate to race wins, but with Rossi's FP pace, we know he would of been on the podium if it wasn't for that twat Bautista.

You don't know any such thing, anything could have happened trying to make his way up from where he was at the time of the crash which was about 11th and that also includes maybe not being quick enough. The top 3 were 2 seconds clear after 1 lap and 5 seconds clear of 5th placed Bradl by 5 laps. Rossi would have had to pass several bikes including two Ducatis and Bradl before he could even begin to get after Crutchlow who was nearly 6 seconds ahead of Bradl by lap 10.

A tall order to have caught and passed Crutchlow from that far back, never mind then get on the back of Pedrosa / Marquez. And as you're dealing in 'IF' conjecture you could also say if Pedrosa had got a better set up for the new tyre or if MM hadn't crashed, there was no way he'd have got anywhere near them. And what if he'd have cooked his tyres, run off track or maybe binned it trying to catch them. A lot of 'IFs'

And the crash wasn't Bautista's fault. They were both unfortunate and got in each other's way

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Pacey, Hedge, Bulto

As I said, get them in while you can.........Rossi's on the podium soon.

Reply to this Topic
widdy

Dec 12

widdy says:

Dirtydog

''As I said, get them in while you can.........Rossi's on the podium soon.''

Still on fantasy island then wosi!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale