Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi reflects on disastrous first lap exit MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi reflects on disastrous first lap exit

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi reflects on disastrous first lap exit

Valentino Rossi was fortunate to escape injury after the Italian’s hopes of claiming a home podium in Mugello were ended by a disastrous first lap collision with Spaniard Alvaro Bautista. The factory Yamaha rider was trying to gain lost ground after a sluggish start from seventh on the grid when he collided with Bautista’s Gresini Honda RC213V at just the third...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 June 2013 10:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

At least he was at the pointy end just prior to crashing

Something that eludes Rossi,

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

Since you asked wosi

The strategy went like this - we need to flog the crap out of the front tyre to get it to work on this bike. It's a risky strategy, but better than pootling around in mid pack. Took courage and commitment. Thing about Rossi is he still hasn't recovered from his Ducati nightmare, you've got to question his mental strength.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

wosi

How did I know I was gonna get a load gumph as an answer?

------------------------------------------

What goes around comes around I guess bud.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Let's not forgot

The person doing the most undermining to Rossi and his record is Rossi himself, everytime he swings a leg over a bike he dilutes just a little bit more all that he had achieved until June 2010, if some stat-o wants to have a look at the pre  June'10 stats compared to the post June '10 stats I'm sure we'll see a significant and obvious drop in the start/podium/win ratio.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Rossi would have stayed upright on that right hand bend if Bautista hadn’t ridden into him, of that there is no doubt. But it was a racing incident; no more, no less.
Rossi hasn’t slowed down at all he’s just racing 3 or 4 guys who are regularly as fast if not faster and who all have got their qualifying sorted out better than him. He’s had 2 wasted years with the Duke and arrived back at Yamaha with his self-confidence at an all-time low. When he was last on the M1 it was the 800 and had been designed around his feedback. For the past couple of years Lorenzo will have been the point of reference and the 1000cc bike will have been changed and quite rightly done to his ideas and spec. as the no 1 rider.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Ah-ha..

..a more reasoned, less whiney weskit. Bravo..

Yes..the Ducati struggled to get heat into the harder pre 2012 tyres. Now it fares a little better initially, as we see in qualifying, but wrecks it's Bridgestones by half race in the dry.

In all seriousness and I've said it before, Casey Stoner was responsible for the success Ducati had. He was brave as they come and had a style that elevated their results above and beyond what was right.

To my knowledge and for the first time this Sunday on the BBC, somebody at Ducati publicly admitted this..Gobmeier.

But even Casey finished 4th twice. 2010, with a weaker Honda and field of 6 rookies, he lost out to Rossi & Pedrosa who both broke bones and had races out while he started the lot. He was over-riding the bike, it wasn't working and Stoner got fed up and jacked.

The bike he left Rossi needed a ground-up overhaul. It was not a championship contender and despite the development direction he gave them, which is still filtering through today, it still ain't a championship contender.

Is there any wonder Rossi wasn't prepared to crash his brains out for Preziosi's cause and left?

I keep hearing Ducati are on the mend and Dovi, as a renowned development rider, is doing a great job..well I don't see any evidence of that and Andrea himself says the bike is still not fit for purpose as it stands.

This has fk all to do with Rossi and everything to do with Bologna and their stubborn Italian pride.

The Germans will knock it out of them. Maybe Gobby and the new team are the right men to do it..but it don't look like it's gonna happen any time soon.

Rossi has been vindicated over Ducati and has shown he can still race a bike.   

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Wosi

= deluded twat

Reply to this Topic
ginganz13

Nov 09

ginganz13 says:

wosi washout

...what more proof do we need? almost 3 seasons of mediocrity and excuses -

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Wake up to yourselves...(again) Rossi is a great rider and still has lots more entertainment to give. A big shame he crashed so early in the race.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

revnuts

yes rossi is entertainer. combination of clown, hypocrite and gay.

and guys don't compare him to Muhammad ali. ali can keep his ass tight while this guy so call 9 times world lucky ass chicken champion make clearance sale looks like candy for 5 years old kids. LOL

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices