Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi reflects on disastrous first lap exit MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi reflects on disastrous first lap exit

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi reflects on disastrous first lap exit

Valentino Rossi was fortunate to escape injury after the Italian’s hopes of claiming a home podium in Mugello were ended by a disastrous first lap collision with Spaniard Alvaro Bautista. The factory Yamaha rider was trying to gain lost ground after a sluggish start from seventh on the grid when he collided with Bautista’s Gresini Honda RC213V at just the third...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 June 2013 10:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Funny

the most pain in the ass is all his fans agree and insult other rider too. wow. double wow. is this sport or gay gangbang club??

who WAS his opponent???? BIAGGI??? CHECA??? MELANDRI??? WHERE ARE THEM NOW????!!!!!!!!!!

You here this a lot. I don't like Rossi 'cause of his fans, then you get this. Funny.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

It was just a 2nd

All the rest is subjective, at the end of his contract we'll probably see Qatar as the high water mark or one of two high points. I've seen absolutely nothing to demonstrate Rossi is still anything less than finished, if anything it's been further confirmation that he's done. For someone with his record at Mugello you'd think he'd know the place and it's pitfalls by now eh? Apparently not again.

A rider anywhere near the top of his game would take a 200 mph off on the chin and then crash trying for a podium, a rider not near the top of his game might find himself starting from the 3rd row (again) and running around mid pack making an occasional 2nd look like a 10th World Championship win.

If Rossi was going to do well anywhere it was going to be Mugello, what does this tell you?

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

the manner in which it was achieved???

You mean the entertaining battle he had with 3 other riders (including a first-ever-gp rookie and a satellite bike) on a track and tyres that favoured the yamahas? I was just as impressed with Crutchlow and Marquez, but then I guess to the VR46 fanclub the rest of the grid is just a support act.

Mugello was ironic really. For years Rossi has endeared himself to his fans with clumsy or unsportsmanlike passes that forced another rider to take evasive action. And then one day the other rider didn't see him and he was skittled. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

I also have

Been watching bike racing since the early 80s and I have to admit that Rossi isn't the racer he was, so what? Let him go to WSBK and see what happens, I have a fair idea he could win it. And anyone who thinks Biaggi was Shite should f off to a F1 forum as you know f all about bike racing.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Qatar and..watch this space.

Downplay it all you like..but everybody here know the score.

It was a great ride and delivered a slap to the bitter souls such as weskit who jumps up and down with glee the minute Rossi falters, then disappears the next..when questions are answered, waiting for things to calm down and he feels brave enough to comment again.

Just listen to whining tone of his last comment for example..it's painful.

I'll agree that there are still some questions to be answered..but using Mugello and what happened alongside a wet race spill in France as definitive evidence Valentino is done, smacks of desperation and is silly.

I can't recall anyone - apart from myself joshing with CHR - who has picked Rossi for the title this year.

Rossi has elected to put his arse on the line and be judged against the best rider on the planet. He knows and we know this is not an easy task, or the act of a man who is running scared.

Getting beaten by Lorenzo is nothing to be ashamed of and doesn't confirm he's a washed up mid-packer, as many notables here have stated.

Should Dovi jack it in because he's not doing any better with the Ducati than Val did? Is Pedrosa at the last chance saloon door because he hasn't won a championship in 7 years on a works Repsol?

With a fair run of luck and a little more time on the M1, I expect Rossi to improve his race results. If by the end of the year he hasn't shown any more than the glimpse at Qatar, fair enough..but under estimating the mans determination, bravery and racing brain could be dangerous for those who are only after scoring cheap points to bolster fragile ego's.

You know who you are..a full-force withering back-lash, that could have Orange lemmings running for the hills and jumping from the cliff-tops, may only be a race or two away.

Haha..bring it on suckers.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

The Forum Twat Theory

Rossi had a great race in Qatar which proves he still has it. But inevitably someone will say "It's a Yamaha track". He still had to ride the thing. Every looks at the big details like the fact he's sixth in the championship and that that means he's doing worse than he was on the Ducati. That he's only qualified on the front row once this season means he's lost his pace and he should retire before people start to think his 9 titles were flukes... every single one of them? He's had one podium, that means he can't race anymore, even though when he's finished, he has always beaten Crutchlow apart from at COTA, when he had the disadvantage of not being a young mindless rider like Marquez, and I'm sure he would have given Cal a good run for his money in Le Mans as well. My point is, if people look at the smaller details, like the fact that he's not +1.5 seconds of the pace anymore, more like +0.2 (in the race), and that being the greatest of all time means that eventually he will re-tune his brain to ride the Yamaha fast over one-lap; I think people know that these things are true, they just want to be different. Trust me, in 3 or 4 years time when Marquez is picking up championships for fun and Lorenzo and Pedrosa are struggling, the new generation of twats will come on MCN and say the exact same things they are saying about Rossi now, and in 15 years, the same will happen to Marquez. Conclusion, people should give more credit to Rossi for having the guts to go back to Yamaha because he thought he could win races, maybe not the championship, but races, and podiums and just to generally enjoy riding a competitive motorcycle instead of the Ducati. And instead of calling his nine-world championships lucky, call yourself lucky that you have been able to see this guy at his best rather than his old unconfident self nowadays.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Here here

RevNutz

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

???

Really? I'm not sure there is even an insult for a mindset so basic. I suppose Justin Bieber is a musical genius too?

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

i get it! but do you?

we all know how this hate stuff works. some guy beats your guy or that guy rides the wrong brand of bike. been there done that! as you grow up a little you learn to apprecate a rider no matter what brand of bike or who he beating. hell i use to hate spencer and his honda, but was he great yes he was. rossi has pissed off all the non yellow fans for years except when he rode the duc or lost to stoner gave them something to cheer about. back when men where men and bikes where bikes there was always some one up and coming but the aliens back then would and could find a way. give it time now off to work.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

BIEBER?

WHERE? AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices