Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi reflects on disastrous first lap exit MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi reflects on disastrous first lap exit

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi reflects on disastrous first lap exit

Valentino Rossi was fortunate to escape injury after the Italian’s hopes of claiming a home podium in Mugello were ended by a disastrous first lap collision with Spaniard Alvaro Bautista. The factory Yamaha rider was trying to gain lost ground after a sluggish start from seventh on the grid when he collided with Bautista’s Gresini Honda RC213V at just the third...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 June 2013 10:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

What's that faint feeble plaintive puppy dog whine I hear?

Getting beat by Lorenzo is nothing to be ashamed of.

Agreed. It happens to the best of them regularly as well as the world nr.6. Getting beat regularly by a Superbike rider on the B spec version of your machine? That is a kick in the nads though.

Still he's out there trying his best (two crashes in two races shows us that. O.K they're not crashes from the front like Stoners in 2010, but still....) and he's never been quicker. We should applaud his commitment (to keeping his tee shirt machine humming along).

Reply to this Topic
monkeyninja

Sep 11

monkeyninja says:

Spectator sport.

Well put Wosi, Revnuts, Mach73.

When a rider has done more for a sport than anyone else in a way few others are capable of doing, i.e. not just winning, but entertaining, and then coming back for more when he could have walked away, he deserves respect. Others have been spectacularly successful but few have a massive personality as well. I loved watching Doohan - he was a fiercely successful, but he hated the media. Spencer was mercurial and achieved amazing things. But look how quickly he burned out. Lorenzo has grown to be a very likeable chap and his riding is immaculate. Stoner achieved amazing things but hated the media. I could go on an on but you have to go back to Barry Sheene to find such a successful and entertaining personality. We still talk about him now, but he only won three world championships (2xGP and 750 Forumula).

No amount of slo-mo shots of a rider wrestling a bike around a corner is going to give them personality or likeability. Muhammed Ali was great not just because of his boxing prowess but also his hugely entertaining personality. Same goes for Barry Sheene. Who is remebered, Bjorn Borg or John Mackenroe even if he won many less grandslams that the former.

People love to knock those that have had great success, although I think the dislike out there is for his fans. What, do you think if you slag him off enough we'll say "oh yeah, he is an arsehole. D'oh! If only I had realised. No, I'm a Marquez/Crutchlow fan now." ?

Yes, we're all hoping for more showings of his brilliance and its true that after this year Marquez is likely to be a multiple MotoGP champion quite possibly locking Rossi, Pedrosa and Crutchlow out of another world title. I know realistically he wants to add some more wins to his tally and I'll be backing him for that.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Crashing..

..as we know is part of the game..

..and was Stoners middle name 2010. 

How a supposed ex-racer like Nostrodumbass can hold Stoners record up as a shining example and compare it to getting punted by serial offender Bautista, says it all..and quite frankly, calls into question his credentials.

Casey Stoner fell off that Ducati no less than FIVE times on raceday in 2010.

They were all within 6 laps of the start and completely unforced errors..nobody else involved.

I can understand crashing trying to chase someone down and falling in the wet for example..But to crash out of the lead on a habitual basis, under the exact same circumstances is just plain fucking dumb.

Tamed the Ducati? Hahaha...

Stoner wasn't the sharpest tool in the box..neither is Nostro. He is probably the largest tool on this site however, making stupid statements like that.

I know everything is upside down where you come from..but did you really race a bike Pal?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Monkey

People love to knock those that have had great success, although I think the dislike out there is for his fans.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's where I personally stand bud. Not all of them, but certainly the majority. Many of my friends are Rossi 'fans' yet failed to follow him when his Ducati 'dream' began(?) to faulter. Why????? Similarly this season tbh. That, along with some of the bull I read here kinda makes me wonder what his 'fans' stand for. I don't dislike Vale let alone hate the man but equally I don't fall for the hype.

The soon to be published 'The Forum Twat Theory', cements my stance further. 

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

And along comes 'wosi'....

........................yet again mentioning Stoner!

An Aussie fuckwit who's  'failed in this and failed in that' seems to have succeeded in stealing your bone by the way you constantly react dawg!!!!!!!

Oh well.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Boo-hoo..

Behave yourself and stop being so fkin sensitive.

Nostro mentioned Stoner and held him up as some sort of shining example bathed in a soft-focus orange light, while once again slagging Rossi?

WTF do you expect?

Get a grip fanboy.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

wosi

Behave yourself and stop being so fkin sensitive.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we ALL followed that advice these boards would soon crumble to dust bud.

The only thing being posted would be 'Where fucking you all go? Fuckpigs ''motoking'  find you soon. Me hunt you and kill!':lol:

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Well honestly..?

Have you all swallowed a load of orange silly pills today?

Be interesting to hear your view on Stoner crashing out of the lead so often and trying to square it with taming the Ducati?

Are Valentino's crashes in France & Italy more stupid and unworthy or summats?

I'm all ears Big Boy?

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Well honestly #2

Be interesting to hear your view on Stoner crashing out of the lead so often and trying to square it with taming the Ducati?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

You're comparison's so wrong bud (Strongbow?). You compare 1 mans constant efforts against another mans '2 races'?!

You're so much better than that 'wosi'. Or maybe I'm not worthy of more...................jeez :(. Or maybe you're in 'Revnutz' book???????????

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

oh dear..

How did I know I was gonna get a load gumph as an answer?

Mind you..grateful for small mercies and all that.

So..reading between the lines and while trying to decipher your Swahili..Stoners crashes were more worthy and probably not as stupid?

..or is it, Rossi crashes when he's not trying and Bautista is a fkin Saint?

Come on PC..you're better than that. Give it to me straight..I'll even bend over.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices