Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi reflects on disastrous first lap exit MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi reflects on disastrous first lap exit

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi reflects on disastrous first lap exit

Valentino Rossi was fortunate to escape injury after the Italian’s hopes of claiming a home podium in Mugello were ended by a disastrous first lap collision with Spaniard Alvaro Bautista. The factory Yamaha rider was trying to gain lost ground after a sluggish start from seventh on the grid when he collided with Bautista’s Gresini Honda RC213V at just the third...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 June 2013 10:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
spindizzy

Aug 02

spindizzy says:

Carlos

"What with rainy conditions, maybe some offs from the competiton? I still reckon Vale can take 3 wins," Why would you think that - Rossi has never been a good wet weather rider compared with dry. His crash rate goes up and finishing position goes down. When was his last wet win?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

"On how many occasions have we seen him ride through from a bad start?"

When was the last time we saw him win from a 3rd row start like last week's? No, really, when? 2007? 6 years ago? Maybe I missed one...

"He does it all the time.."

... by the sounds of it I missed lots! When was the last time he got punted off because of bad qualifying? In the last 2 years how many times has he been punted off on the 1st lap after crap qualifying?

"you are a trolling nicampoop son"

You don't think I have a valid point? You don't think he needs to qualify better... your advice to him would be "don't worry about qualifying"... I think he's listening! 

:blink:

bigbashbon... "He's still better than most of the paddock on a bike"

Yep... people forget that... he's a fraction of a second off the pace of the front runners... unfortunately in MotoGP that's a gulf & in most people the difference between a factory ride & the rocky road to CRT obscurity (though he's still good enough for a top satellite ride IMO)... most of the paddock aren't on a top factory ride... his reputation has got him this ride & will keep him in a job... he's a PR dream as you say.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

A brief history lesson..

If Rossi never wins again in the top class, his career will be book-ended by Donington 2000 and Sepang 2010..Two fighting wins from a bad start.

It's clear you have missed a lot Hedgey and NO..I don't think you have a point with regard to Mugello.

Shit can happen wherever you start on the grid..especially when bonehead Bautista is around.

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

Wosi, you're a natural!

You have a great career ahead of you, my tiny fish-and-chips wrapper, as leader of the 'Margaret Thatcher, hero of Social Justice' campaign, or perhaps the move to have the Pope bestow sainthood on Henry V111 for services to Catholicism. Hell, you could even convince us that virginity is a renewable resource.

As Michael Moore would say - the awful truth is - Stoner blew Rossi out of the water in the 800s era, and now Lorenzo, Pedrosa, Marquez and Crutchlow are shitting down the hole in his neck that Stoner left. The only smell of success he is getting now is the one on his glove from when he leaves the pits and adjusts his leathers.

43 races without a victory.  Count 'em, Wosi: 43.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Michael Moore?

Jesus titty fucking Christ. You're scraping the barrel using that fat, sanctimonious cock in any argument.

I just did some maths, and it was two titles each in the 800 era, or shall we return to the, "titles don't matter" argument?

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

Actually, no

Virginity is not renewable, by definition, but the virtual appreance of virginity  viz. the hymen is renewable by surgery - much like Rossi's reputation as the best.  So many grubby fingers in the action on this forum.

Ah yes, the L.S '08 argument: one race in five seasons.  And Stoner handed back the equation at P.I '09, rubbing Rossi's face in the bitumen, playting him like a fine violin, toying him along and then just clearing out when he couldn't cut the mustard. No dodgy passes there - just simply, Stoner out-raced him. On the Ducati..

Nice try, but no cigar.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Rossi blew out Stoner

no wonder his child bride fuc*ed off with another fella (alledgedly).

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

Sepang 2010 he started 6th... only one place but a full row ahead of his start last week.

"He does it all the time.."

... & you can only come up with 2 instances the most recent of which was 3 years ago when he still qualified better than he did in the last round & only 0.4 off the pace. That's all the time in Wosiland is it? As I say, the last time he qualified as low as the 3rd row, as he has done in all but one round so far this year, & won a race was actually 6 years ago... seems like I haven't missed anything.

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

Ignorance is no excuse

"and 9 out of 10 don't know what P.I '09 means, including myself.'

Well, of course you don't, but then you also obviously have no understanding of the difference between your arse and your elbow. I guess that's understandable, given that your head is stuck so far up the former while the latter is frantically oscillating your hand near the piccy of Rossi on your toilet wall.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

agree with this post

Wosi. If he never wins another race his last race win was a glorious one, and his place in the pantheon, probably at its peak, is assured. No-one measures Eddie Lawson's career by his last years at Cagiva.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices