Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi reflects on disastrous first lap exit MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi reflects on disastrous first lap exit

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi reflects on disastrous first lap exit

Valentino Rossi was fortunate to escape injury after the Italian’s hopes of claiming a home podium in Mugello were ended by a disastrous first lap collision with Spaniard Alvaro Bautista. The factory Yamaha rider was trying to gain lost ground after a sluggish start from seventh on the grid when he collided with Bautista’s Gresini Honda RC213V at just the third...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 June 2013 10:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I see myself

as a Stoner fan and an anti- anti-Stoner fan rather than an anti-Rossi fan El D, but perspective is all I guess.

No doubt that Rossi's place in gp bike racing history is secure.

However, if you want to bring up LS08 (again) I am game. My point about the Corkscrew event at LS 08 has always been that Stoner was justified in being pissed off at nearly been taken out by Rossi who wasn't in control of his bike. Sure the race as a whole was a masterly display of riding skill and tactical nous by Rossi, and  the corkscrew thing  was audacious and demonstrative of absolute will -to -win, and great skill in not putting the bike down after his near-lose, but what do you think would have happened with most riders apart from Stoner as the other protagonist, someone such as Alvaro Bautista for instance?

I don't think it "broke" Stoner at all, he was wary for a few races, having imo decided that Rossi was allowed liberties not permissible for others; no doubt he has a touch of paranoia in his character, but it is a truism in psychiatry that just because you are paranoid it doesn't necessarily meant that everyone isn't after you. He did have quite a large number of gp wins subsequent to LS 08, and did win a 2nd world championship rather handily in 2011 as I recall. Whatever his reasons for retiring, I don't think fear of Valentino or any other rider was among them.

The other thing was that the legend of the Corkscrew had at least partly at its basis the assumed marked superiority of the Ducati; I don't think you guys can be so confident now that any superiority was independent of Stoner, and I think Valentino may have some doubts himself given his subsequent travails at Ducati.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Fair points DF

Although remember the Corkscrew incident didn't decide the race, Stoner got past him almost immediately after that.

And you're right, Stoner wasn't broken, but he did fall off while leading in the next two races.

The fact we're still talking about this race, or Catalunya 2007 or 2009, Philip Island 2009, or any of the other epic battles shows what a great period it was, and what great riders they both are.

What I'd give for a similar 4 way factory scrap at some point this year.

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

have fun eldiablo

Games like that are for losers who can't make a judgement on a rider's ability by watching them on a bike. I'll leave you to it.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Hedgey..you are a cock.

If you think I'm gonna spend my valuable time educating you, you're sadly mistaken.

It's clear to me you are new to MotoGP. You like to build a case with stats from a book and have no recollection of Rossi doing what I pointed out..because you didn't watch and have no hard earned knowledge.

It's all very well trawling Wiki or wherever else you like to build your trolling swiss cheese bullshit arguments, but that don't tell the whole story or make it so.

Take Sepang for example..you feel an injustice because wosi's example, after you checked, had him starting in 6th. You even put it in bold ffs. A six place gain ain't enough for you now?

What the stats don't say..is that Rossi was 14th going into the first corner.

Now shut the fuck up dull boy..go and buy the box set of GP races from the last decade and get back to me when you've watched them all at least twice.

Twat.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

diablo

i liked your game! most if not all those m=names will live on forever.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

I don't believe one iota that Casey fell off(the two after LS08) and was caught and passed in the majority of the races, the rest of that season, that it was because he was wary of Rossi's wayward riding(WTF?), it is for want of a more eloquent definition utter bollocks.. Sporting history of every kind is littered with Rossi v Stoner scenarios it is what it is..It happened to me in one of my favourite past times, th edefference being it;s easier to have an excuse at most levels. One rider/player/whatever, gets one over another when they feel invincible and are at their pinnacle, and they never get over it.. Casey coming good after Rossi went to Ducati kinda supports that.. It's overlooked that Rossi was going for his 3rd title on the bounce(against the new breed) and had won the first race of the season(Casey fell off again) when he got the first of two serious injuries that year and, he was already collecting his riders pension.. Stoner never shuts up about Rossi at every opportunity definitive proof if ever it were needed. I actually feel for Casey that his daughter's birthday is the same as Rossi's because it would piss anyone off..

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

ElDropabollicko

Are you Welsh?

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

hugelean

unlucky stoner. i'm pissed off to hear it while smile painly. now you picture stoner. i bet he cann't stand everybody talk about his daughter and rossi. bad joke for sure.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

hedgey

"Hedgey..you are a cock." at least you use ur cock properly rather than what so call 9 TIMES LUCKY ASS CHICKEN CHAMPION. STICK IT TO EVERYBODY'S ASS. LOL i saw 2012 PI race again. shit, even to zipped his jacket, uccio must help him. LOL. UCCIO REALLY2 USEFULL AS WIFE. LOL. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

LS08

hugelean, if you're the only son and the only money maker for a big family, absolutely you won't take thug challenge by rossi. you have so much to take care about. AND like stoner said, ducati done nothing about it. unlike yamaha (motegi 2010) and honda (jerez 2011). they threat rossi (and dorna) behind the door. dorna want rossi back to yamaha and rule some dumb ass law. honda delete rule about rookie. it was politic. its all politic now. and better for stoner to retire. he cann't stand it i'm sure. there shouldn't be any politic in sport. but it is one of the reason i guess.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices