Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi reflects on disastrous first lap exit MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi reflects on disastrous first lap exit

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi reflects on disastrous first lap exit

Valentino Rossi was fortunate to escape injury after the Italian’s hopes of claiming a home podium in Mugello were ended by a disastrous first lap collision with Spaniard Alvaro Bautista. The factory Yamaha rider was trying to gain lost ground after a sluggish start from seventh on the grid when he collided with Bautista’s Gresini Honda RC213V at just the third...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 June 2013 10:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

huge

Casey coming good after Rossi went to Ducati kinda supports that..

---------------------------------------------------------------

You gota be kidding right?

You say you 'feel sorry for Casey'.......................i'd weep if I met you bud. Jeez.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

you don't think

hugelean that something which happened contemporaneously with Rossi getting on the Ducati ie Stoner no longer being on the thing himself and getting on an actually competitive bike may have helped Stoner a little? 

If I wanted to be mischievous I could suggest that Rossi's first 2 laps on the Ducati at the Valencia post season test in 2010 and the realisation that Stoner had somehow won races on the thing might have been when Valentino's absolute self-belief in his supremacy as a rider was first challenged.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Feel sorry for Stoner, no. He may of been a good rider, but to turn your back on the sport that 'made you', it just makes me lose respect for him. I just watched the Joey Dunlop documentary the other night.....now that was a guy with passion.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Fireturd

He may of been a good rider, but to turn your back on the sport that 'made you', it just makes me lose respect for him.

-------------------------------------------------

The man raced from the age of 4. He set untold records in his youth. He and his family moved half way across this planet to 'follow the dream'. He's 'currently' the ONLY PERSON ON THIS FRIGGIN' PLANET to do anything worthy of a mention on a certain bike yet you've lost respect for him? The sport never 'made him' chump, his balls and talent, along with the efforts of many along the way 'made him'.   

You never respected him in the first place so why make this pathetic statement? Tool. 

Stop typing and eat your rusks. 

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Pacey

To wind up twats like you........Yes you don't mind talking shit about Rossi all day long, but if anyone dares to say a bad word against Bucktooth, then you are spitting the dummy. As i said, he made all his achievements in motorsport, so by definition the sport made him.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

To whom it may concern....

As i said, he made all his achievements in motorsport, so by definition the sport made him.

------------------------------------------------------------

What is a sport without competitors? Nothing.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

FB3

"it just makes me lose respect for him"

Sorry but you can't lose what you never had... you had plenty of derogatory remarks for him when he was racing & rubbished his results. Unfortunately it's the difference between some of the so-called fans on here (of various riders) & MotoGP fans who respect everyone who risks their lives for our entertainment.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi... "He does it all the time.."

... you've given us one instance that happened the best part of 3 years ago that I did acknowledge (even though, as I pointed out,he is qualifying worse now than he was then)... 2 instances in the last 6 years.

:blink:

You can add that one to another myth "he always gets a good start"... he dropped to 10th before crashing out last race & you just pointed out that the last race he actually won he dropped to 14th by the 1st corner... great starts.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Brains..

..you're trying too hard.

I've looked at this comment 3 times now and every time it's different.

I was gonna respond to the first copy this morning but what with you chopping and changing so much..?

I will say this..aside from Mugello, Rossi has been making decent starts this year, but I don't recall anyone saying "he always gets a good start"..?

If he did, your little rant and my response would be pointless.

Seems to me you're a little embarrassed because you completely forgot about Sepang 2010 and made an arse of yourself again.

Get over it and move on you gumby..or I'll start talking about Stoner.

Hahaha..Thunderbirds are GO!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

No, it wasn't you said he always gets a good start... it was someone else also trying to argue that crap qualifying isn't important, when Rossi's current situation as much as anyone else has proven how important it really is. To be ditched 3 times in 2 years without completing a lap kind of puts your 2 wins from crap qualifying in 6 years in the shade. He used to qualify well & win.

It's the use of "always" & your "does it all the time" when referring to isolated events from long ago in their rose tinted memories I can't let lie.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices