Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi reflects on disastrous first lap exit MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi reflects on disastrous first lap exit

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi reflects on disastrous first lap exit

Valentino Rossi was fortunate to escape injury after the Italian’s hopes of claiming a home podium in Mugello were ended by a disastrous first lap collision with Spaniard Alvaro Bautista. The factory Yamaha rider was trying to gain lost ground after a sluggish start from seventh on the grid when he collided with Bautista’s Gresini Honda RC213V at just the third...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 June 2013 10:13)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Hedge

You have it wrong, I haven't rubbished Stoners achievements or his results. He is a bloody good rider and did amazing things on a motorcycle. Maybe you could question his tactics and state of mind, but everyone is human. It was only his demeanor I didn't like, so if I did say anything untoward, it was probably just to wind up the anti Rossi brigade.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

ElDiabolical

Pacey

The man raced from the age of 4. He set untold records in his youth. He and his family moved half way across this planet to 'follow the dream'...

Can you name a rider that haven't?

-------------------------------------------------------------

You're as boring as your buddy. Go away.

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

poor old Rossi

There is no question that Rossi is past his prime but I'd say a podium was definitely possible for Mugello. His second place finish at the opening race was a good performance and he showed some superb race-craft. The boy just needs some luck...

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

that Valentino has won

7 or 9 championships El D doesn't mean that championships won by other riders didn't really happen or have no value though, which seems to be the general line of argument of you and others, and it is that line of argument to which exception is mainly taken.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

your addition is faulty El D

5 +2+1 = 8 actually, not that this is particularly relevant to the question of whether world championships has value if they are won by riders other than Valentino Rossi, which again is where all this started and why this and all other forums have descended to petty name calling .

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Diabolical

Running out of arguments in a simple question?

-------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be surprised what answers you come up with to your simple question........................simpleton.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

For the rest of the civilized World he is history.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm glad you acknowledge that fact, especially at Ducati :)

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Facebook 'likes'!!!

Oh dear. That sums you up to a tee.

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

ED3473....

..... Nobody liked him? The MotoGP grid isn't the X Factor, there are no buzzers and the riders haven't got 2 minutes to impress or they're out with a flea in their ear!!? It's not about popularity (although, the more popular the more merchandise they sell), it's about riding a bike as fast and as hard as possible, getting as far up the field as you can and gaining the most points as possible. It's an easy system for scoring and the only talent you need is what you do on the bike. Smiling and waving at the camera and the fans is an added extra and some do it, some don't. Your love of Vale is fine, he's a good rider and gives time to his fans, I liked Stoner because he was a good rider who gave it everything. Just because he didn't put a pantomime together for every other Sunday, doesn't mean he was shit, a twat or nobody liked him. As I said, it's not a popularity contest, it's about riding the bike you've been given.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

One minute... 94000 'likes',

The next... 'Nobody likes him'.

ElDiabolico, I can feel the crowds IQ drop every time you post, I hope you don't represent the average Mexican?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices