Skip to content

Discuss This Late crash costs Marc Marquez second MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Late crash costs Marc Marquez second

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Late crash costs Marc Marquez second

Marc Marquez blew a golden chance to end a painful and punishing Italian MotoGP weekend on the podium when he fell out of second place in the closing stages of yesterday’s Mugello clash. The Repsol Honda rider looked like rebounding from three crashes, including a horrific high-speed incident on the approach to the first corner on Friday, with a stunning second...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 June 2013 10:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

Has marq lost it allready???

Marq say : in the last five laps I was able to pass him and tried to push a little because I felt so good on the bike.  then he says : But when Dani slowed down a little bit for me it was quite good because I was struggling a lot. ??????? so....whats it gonna be marq

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

remarkable to think after all these crashes, he was still up there come race day. FASTEST FKN LAP!!! doesnt mean much in terms of points/ championship but my god, I fear 2014 might just be a cake walk for marky mark

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

I think he means that he was happy Dani slowed the pace down a bit because he was feeling sore going full-tilt and got a chance to rest up before his attack on P2. Sure I had to read between the lines quite a bit but hey, that's what I do.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Not only is the critter fast as fk..he's as tough as old boots and exhibited grizzled determination.

For me, Marquez' resilience this weekend has to be applauded. Ben Spies take note. 

It's gone pretty swimmingly for him since he graduated, but he had to drag himself up off the floor and fight hard for the first time really.

Shame about the stack..if only for the championship being closer, but the gap to Lorenzo & Pedrosa now, may just free his mind a little. Winning races should be all that occupies his thoughts.

Is Mugello where we saw the Boy turn to a Man?

Who knows..but I've a feeling the fireworks are only just getting started.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

The boys got some cahonas.

Reply to this Topic
pauly58

Jan 13

pauly58 says:

He'll learn

You can learn to stop crashing but you can't learn to be fast. I remember Mick Doohan crashing a lot in his first year.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Dunno

He'll learn if he turns the corner before he seriously knacks himself but....

Walking away from the fastest ever GP bike crash relatively unharmed doesn't seem like a good omen to me.

Do we know if he trashed any engines this weekend?

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

I agree Benny

But I suspect young Marquez finds himself in a dilemma, he's not far off (and capable of being in front of) DP's V-Max and he's only 5 meetings in, if he goes for it he'll open up cracks in the HRC garage and his relationship with DP will start to go south. If he's finding following Pedrosa "quite easy" then it doesn't bode well for DP when he figures it all out. He's probably mindful too of the grief he'll cause himself if he takes Pedrosa out.

I expect he's been given strict instructions for his rookie year and he's perhaps actually demonstrating maturity by keeping a check on his own leash.

Reply to this Topic
spitfire74

Jan 12

spitfire74 says:

MM's "problem"

I hear what you're saying Jamie and Benny, but I think it's a bit different than that. No doubt MM doesn't want to make the mistake of taking his championship-leading teammate out. The politics in the garage would make life troublesome. But I think he's sitting behind DP for so long because he's in class. He's learning how to adapt his style to the bike. As shown this weekend, he passed DP and was on his own. He learned where the limit of the bike was so late in the race the hard way. DP I'm sure knows exactly where the limit is, thus why he slowed down. On track, you learn a lot by following the fast guys around as long as you can. Speed is earned by having some balls and studying your performance inside and out. Race craft is learned by watching the guys with the most experience.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Or, we could just take MM's comments at face value

He's properly banged up after two 25G impacts, one on either shoulder. Chipped humerous bone and bloody sore. As he said he needed a breather of sorts to be in a position to do something at the end of the race. If he could've gone with Lorenzo, he would have gone with him much earlier.

He scythed past (an admittedly slow at that stage) Pedrosa fairly aggressively. Whilst I doubt he'll pull the stunt he did on Lorenzo with Pedrosa, MM is a pure instinctive racer, he'll go when he thinks he can go and make a gap where he thinks he can. Who he passes matters not a jot. At Mugello I think he was simply content with a podium given his condition. When Dani was still 'slow' late in the race Marc took his chance for four more points. Fair enough.

Pedrosa's problems related to a new profile rear tyre he didn't fully understand. Or has everyone written Dani off again, with Lorenzo looking invincible once more? It really does seem with these two, their contrasting styles and equal performance steeds, that it comes down to who has their set-up more perfect on the day.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices