Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow: ‘I’d have been happy with fourth’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow: ‘I’d have been happy with fourth’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow: ‘I’d have been happy with fourth’

Cal Crutchlow was celebrating an unlikely second successive podium in a row in 2013 after he was the chief benefactor of late drama in Mugello yesterday. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team rider was doing his best to chase down Repsol Honda duo Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa with an impressive charge in the second half of the 23-lap race. Lying fourth...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 June 2013 10:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ColdWarKid

Jun 13

ColdWarKid says:

I couldn’t stop the bike as well at the start of the race and with the changes the factory bike has they are able to stop a little bit better - ok Cal, we get it, your bike isn't as good as the factory bikes, as you keep on reminding everybody who will listen.  If you just got on with it and rode the thing people would appreciate your results much more.  Just because Stoner has gone it doesn't mean there was a vacancy to be the paddock moaner.

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

Too honest?

Is that Cal's problem??

I like his speak first, think second approach to interviews.  Sure beats hearing riders talk like politicians ....

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

Carl's only problem

is that he is making most others in that paddock look a bit silly!! He deserves what he is asking for and then it is up to him to prove this with some race wins and consistency in 2014. I am sure he will get a good ride next year though regardless of his slightlyboutspoken approach, probably on a Suzuki or Ducati. Although personally I would like to see him on AB's or Bradls RCV... I think he would do very well.

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

Play the game Cal

Cal needs do do his talking on the track and let his results speak for themselves. With Pols recent dip in form the only person that can stop Cal having his pick of the available seats next year is Cal. If he wants to stay with Tech 3 on a factory supported ride Herve and Monster are behind him so he must get Yamaha onside. Wise move to finally be a bit more Politic and give Yamaha some thanks in his post race interview from Parc Ferme.  Seems Monster are Chuffed with Cal at the moment so perhaps another question should be "how much clout does Cal have with his sponsors?" is it possible the deciding factor on Cals ride next year could be Monster? Would Yamaha let Cal go if it meant a Monster energy Suzuki? 

Reply to this Topic
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

Hi ColdWarKid..

'If you just got on with it and rode the thing '...

isn't 2 podiums in a row 'riding the thing' ??

I'm happy with a little bit of controversy - makes it interesting :)

Like Smackbum says - it's better than hearing the vanilla 'id like to thank....'

Appreciate your point though - it's not wise to upset your potential employer when you're after a better package for next year!

Ta,

Baz

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Diceman

my sentiments exactly. He is monster energys main man and they like him and his outspoken ways as it gives them good coverage. If he does go to suzuki I think they may just go with him. Cal said yesterday that Herve was fighting to keep him so he could well stay there.

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

if Suzuki come back I hope cal doesn't get the ride, he will be fighting for 10th on that bike.

really cant see them doing any better than before

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Rev...

"so how come you set your fastest times between lap 2 and lap 6?"

... sounds mad I know, but if you're going faster it may just be more difficult to stop...

:blink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ColdWarKid

Jun 13

ColdWarKid says:

Zoobaz

That's my point (albeit badly made!), Cal has got 2 podiums in a row which is great riding given that he is on a satellite bike - he has got the talent and riding ability and the results should be enough to speak for themselves.  Everyone in MotoGP and all of us fans looking in from the outside know what a great job he is doing, I just don't think he needs to keep on saying how other riders have got better equipment and factory support than him, could backfire on him come contract time.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Great ride

Another great ride from Cal and another one in the eye for Yamaha. If I was from Cov' then I'd be having a look at what Bologna has to offer because I just don't see him getting any of the latest bling from his current employer. I did briefly think his time had come at turn 3 of lap 1 but unfortunately it wasn't to be.

He's demonstrated the desire and disposed of some rather embarrassing stats for British GP racing, anyone want to put a tenner on him not winning a race this year? I think a wet win at Silverstone looks highly likely right now. 

Cal should flick the V's at Yamaha and give Gobmeier a bell.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices