Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow: ‘I’d have been happy with fourth’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow: ‘I’d have been happy with fourth’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow: ‘I’d have been happy with fourth’

Cal Crutchlow was celebrating an unlikely second successive podium in a row in 2013 after he was the chief benefactor of late drama in Mugello yesterday. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team rider was doing his best to chase down Repsol Honda duo Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa with an impressive charge in the second half of the 23-lap race. Lying fourth...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 June 2013 10:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

10% was just a chuck in line,don't read to m uch into it. Dovi Proved his ability against Dani and Yeah Nicky did beat Dani with 2 wins back in 2006 but that was 7 years ago.WTF has Cal got to do with the Ducati or being a "new" alien

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

theres been no qualifying tyres for years now and if you did explain I wouldn't give a f*** coz you'd be wrong any way I'll save ye coz i'm off out on mi bike,day off work and the suns still shining

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Why can't he just tell the truth?

It's baffling alright. Maybe he's deluded and believes what he says, maybe it's a poor attempt at mind games, maybe it's tongue in cheek, or something else, maybe.

What's sure in my mind is, the more of this bollocks he spouts the more people are going to take notice, and that could hamper his options, which would be a pity 'cause he's the best of the rest at the moment.

Reply to this Topic
DJMawds

Jan 13

DJMawds says:

Benny's Missus

Cal's been through her hasn't he?

Judging by the complete bilge coming out of your mouth, that's my guess.

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

What is an R6 Cup,what a troll you are Rev,not only you don't look too far forward seems you don't look too far back either.

How many GP's will we get too this year Rev,or is this board as far as you go!!.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

National pride..

It's a funny one innit?

When it comes to sport, I'll back England because it's where I was born & live.

If it's a British team like at the Olympics..I'm GBR.

When SCO, IRE or WAL play anyone else outside of these isles, I support them. I've even been known to shout support for Andy Murray ffs.

Individuals can influence opinion and transcend national boundaries sometimes though.

When Ali fought, I always wanted him to win..even against an Englishman.

When Pele played, I rooted for him & Brasil.

OK..I was a kid then and didn't have the developed sense of national awareness I have now, but for me sport is all about hopes and dreams. It IS considered a bit childish amongst certain peers in adulthood who don't follow or have never really participated. They don't fkin get it.

Sheene got me interested in bikes and I'll always be grateful for that..his personality and flair was as important as the RG500 he rode. I was still an impressionable teenager mind.

Later on though, it was Kevin Schwantz who is a similar age.

Now it's Rossi, who's young enough to be my son.

WTF has this got to do with Crutchlow?

Well..like plenty of other cocky little English twats who I've fallen out with down the years..I don't particularly like him, despite the fact he's English and is the best chance of a win in countless years.

I think he opens his mouth without thinking and contradicts himself far too often considering he's yet to win in GP. I don't like the way people make excuses for him and he makes them for himself.

I'll admit, I don't know him personally..but it doesn't stop me forming an opinion.

Scott Redding for some reason, is a different matter. I have an affinity.

Blind nationalistic fervour and hatred is something I detest, but sometimes feel others expect from me.

In my experience Yanks & Aussies can be the worst type..not all, but in general. Banging the big bass drum and giving it large while winning. Handing out scornful advice on how to support your own?

Do me a fkin favour.

Respect is and should be hard earned in sport..although the fluttering of a Union Jack can confuse the issue.

It's a bit of a conundrum innit?

Just saying..I'll STFU now.

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

The bit you missed out Wossi was the trait that Brits have for knocking their sportsmen and women.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

regardless of personal opinions

i believe cc still lies 4th fastest in the world moto gp series,someone in that paddock believes in him and i for one as a fan and have actually met the guy(most on here wont have done i may add)i dont see where the hate comnes from, its more like envy or just plain you aint no better than a footy supporting hooigan but with no balls to back it up.

cal is going up not down. deal with it. up the brits.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Aaah..the old chestnut winger.

Does that come in the chapter on "unconditional support"?

Don't get me wrong and as a Brit he does get my support, for his sporting performances..if not some of his rather confused un-sportsmanlike comments.

I did mention conundrum. 

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

nuances...

I agree with most of what Wosi says about nationalism, sport and his own sporting greats, and in many ways I often felt the same way as he does about Cal too... until very recently.

I started to warm to him a month or so ago when I was watching him in an interview, and I detected a slightly cheeky smile about the lips and glint in his eye... and to me that triggered something... what, don't know, but I pretty much went from feeling very ambivalent about him to being quite a supporter now.

He does say some pretty dumb things sometimes, and he does say things that aren't funny when they were meant to be... but if someone analysed everything I said, I know I would be found guilty of the same... but hey, I still think I am pretty funny and even have interesting points of view... honest..!

I would now rather watch a Cal interview than any other rider, they are invariably more interesting than hearing the same over politicised ramblings delivered in a monosyllabic tone that most 'polished' racers speak in. Sheene would have baulked at that breed of racer for a start.

Cal is a true blood and guts racer... not the best in the paddock, probably 4th/5th best in the world on a prototype as of today... but I suspect that none of the 3/4 riders above him ever had to drive a van for a living to earn some money? so, yes, he is different.

A slightly outspoken big mouth without a doubt... but at this current time he is also walking the walk to back up that talk. Uncouth, a rough diamond and upsetting some people... but to be honest this just makes me warm to him more and I think he is worth supporting... not because he is British, but because he is so typically British :)

As ever.... just IMO.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices