Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow: ‘I’d have been happy with fourth’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow: ‘I’d have been happy with fourth’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow: ‘I’d have been happy with fourth’

Cal Crutchlow was celebrating an unlikely second successive podium in a row in 2013 after he was the chief benefactor of late drama in Mugello yesterday. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team rider was doing his best to chase down Repsol Honda duo Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa with an impressive charge in the second half of the 23-lap race. Lying fourth...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 June 2013 10:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Benny

He lucked a podium and that's OK, but he's making out like it was an heroic ride, when it was really a boring slog - like himself.

------------------------------------------------------------------

There's  more effort involved in the 'boring slog' than being in the middle of the action imo. In the heat of battle with others, things can change so fast that you run on instinct/adrenalin. When you find yourself alone, with nothing more than a pitboard for company, the race can often be harder mentally.

As for 'luck'. A racers job is to finish a race as quickly as they possibly can. Cal finished. No luck involved there bud. 

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Cal

Another great ride from Cal .I notice Herve seems to feel sorry for his predicament , maybe crocodile tears though , I mean the new guy will  be spanish ; faster by design

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Rev who's rattled

You have been reasonably well behaved so far this season considering your level of intelligence ,However your moaning and groaning simply shows how irritated you are that Cal continues to do well, it must also be bugging you that the Spotty block passing Italian road block is no longer holding Cal up for anywhere near as long as last season and he dealt with him and pulled away nicely whilst leaving him battling with the under performing Bradl,Haydon is hardly being shown up by him either his he taffy,Like it or not Cal is without doubt worthy of the factory kit he craves just as you are worthy of the factory job you crave,when you have stopped jumping up and down with disappointment at Cal's results and Dovi's average outings,be a good chap and count how many postings on one topic you have made and try to be pleased for all the Crutchlow fans who are proud to have someone worthy in the blu ribband class,Lets hope that young Mr Redding gets that opportunity as well another sterling effort from him also,With Crutchlow,Redding and Sam and Alex Lowes at the moment british interest is as good as it's been for many a year,pity we have people who want to just criticize them out of pure childish bias and jelousy

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

rev

Just interested-I've already mentioned the possibility of a cal suzuki hook up-but what are your thoughts on another cal/dovi team at ducati? Last year I thought cals biggest problem wasn't his pace but learning to pass dovi. I'm sure you'd agree even on a duc dovi is still a hard man to pass- yet this year cal seems to have taken a step up and worked out how to get past dovi. With this in mind and if we see the former team mates reunited whowwould be top dog this time?

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

this is 2013

and not 2012... last year Dovi was the clever racer, whilst CC had some real raw speed and a lack of concentration. This year he is different... he is 33 points ahead of the nearest semi factory Honda, 30 ahead of VR and 21 ahead of Dovi and only 6 behind a full factory Honda with one fast young fucker on it.

He learnt off Dovi... Dovi got the pay check this year... quid pro quo.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Benny

PC:- on the same equipment last year, Dovi put him to the sword - just a shame he didn't cut-out Crutchlow's tongue, and glue it to his forehead. I would have.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bud, that was last season and yeah, Dovi was far superior. No-one doubts that.

Just a quick reply to Cals apparent 'luck' on Sunday will suffice :)

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Benny

There is no way on God's green earth that Crutchlow is a 'factory' standard rider - this latest 'performance' and brash outburst underlines that very fact.

------------------------------------------------------------------

There are 4 decent factory berths. Name 4 current riders faster than Cal.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Benny

So name the 'Top 4' bud.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Oh revvy you rascal!

Hello sweetness!  I've missed your posts.  I miss you waking up and rolling over and wishing me good morning.  Then reaching over and sharing Dovi's calendar (remember that?).  Anyway... that's not important right now.  Indeed, young Marquez had a weekend he'd rather forget having a DNF.  Dani Pedrosa was also gifted second place, whilst young Cal rode a perfect race lappimng almost 4/10ths faster in the last 4 laps than Dani.  He beat (yet again) 2 Factory Ducatis and on this occasion a Factory Honda (don't forget Bradl is on a works ride too).  He was once again affable in the interviews and didn't slag off Yamaha!  So all in all a great weekend for the Coventry man.  Now sitting only 7 points behind the prodigy Marquez.  Oh, poor Dovi... rode a great race too but unfortunately had to let Cal take the limelight at his home race...  He's doing very well on the Duke isn't he?  Not quite as well as Cal on the Satellite M1 though ;-)

Not bad wouldn't you say love... one lump or two?

p.s check your 'hmail'

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Benny

PC:- look mate, I haven't got to spell it out for you, have I? I hope not - there aren't too many 9 times world champion/s on the grid are there?
------------------------------------------------------------

After all the crap you've given 'him' lmao............'bore off' as my daughter would say. So, 3 spots taken, name the 4th bud.
You can't can ya? Or can ya? I bet you can.....................but it'll hurt like fuck ;) 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices