Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow: ‘I’d have been happy with fourth’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow: ‘I’d have been happy with fourth’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow: ‘I’d have been happy with fourth’

Cal Crutchlow was celebrating an unlikely second successive podium in a row in 2013 after he was the chief benefactor of late drama in Mugello yesterday. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team rider was doing his best to chase down Repsol Honda duo Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa with an impressive charge in the second half of the 23-lap race. Lying fourth...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 June 2013 10:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

See Rev what you haven't got the brains to work out ,Cal  knew trying to take Pedrosa upped the prospects of falling off by some margin but he thought about it,he's not chasing a championship he's chasing a factory bike,MM took the risk and fell off, Cal didn't and got a result.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Rev..I also mentioned blind nationalistic hatred in that comment?

Nice post Will..

I understand what you're saying and reckon 9 times out of 10 Cal is just winding folk up, not just because it amuses him but because he's out of contract, is trying to raise the stakes and lend more power to his bargaining in negotiations.

You absolutely cannot blame him for that. He is a working class lad and the next contract he signs will probably be the most important of his relatively short racing career.

There is no doubt he is a character, for good or worse, and as Poncheral said recently..Cal polarises opinion.

He has to be careful he doesn't upset too many influential people however.

The interview above does appear to contain a few inconsistencies and contradictions about his sporting performance in Italy, alongside the obvious digs at factory machinery he doesn't have.

Cal without his gob wouldn't be Cal..but sometimes staying silent and keeping your own counsel can be more effective and is just as important.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

The point..

..is, while I agree with some of what you say and have enjoyed the humour..I reckon you're in danger of overstating the case against Crutchlow. He's doing a good job. 

We know you rate Dovi, who did a cracking job too on the M1 last year, and can have a chip on your shoulder about the English.

Rightly or wrongly..Rossi got the factory ride. That's just the way the cookie crumbled.

Dovi got his factory ride, Crutchlow is looking for his now.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

I for one

hope the buck toothed van driver all the best, and I support all the British riders in all classes more than other nationals as I am proud of our little island and the sporting greats it produces. Go Cal and get your factory bike and stop the Spanish armada of robots that is taking control of the premier class. Nepotism I hear you cry, hell yeah.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Me too..

..but I'd be happy with Val tenderly cupping and placing Cal's balls to one side out of too much harms way, then gently swishing some of Bobs extra-long rooskin bar-end tassels between his hairy buttocks in a playful fashion..

:tongue::tongue::tongue:

Despite his gob and some typically OTT headlines - forgivable considering the wait - the kid's doing a very decent job on track.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Alex

Rev

You are married to an English man?
---------------------------------------------------------------

It's called a Civil Partnership. Marriage between the same sex is currently illegal.

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Blimey Rev good job your shouting!!!,the hole you've dug yourself is that deep you head isn't even showing,it's a UK thing dealing with the playground bully and then when he's had a kicking feeling sorry for him,well that ain't going to happen to you dude,it'll be a factory ride for Cal next year and the only way is up,just get used it and suck it up.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

winger

it'll be a factory ride for Cal next year and the only way is up,just get used it and suck it up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

But which factory? Yamaha would be dreamland and never say never. Suzuki would be a waste of time unless Cal's sole intent is 'being a factory rider' but I can't see it personally. That just leaves Ducati. Hmmmmmm, I wonder........

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

winger

it'll be a factory ride for Cal next year and the only way is up,just get used it and suck it up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

But which factory? Yamaha would be dreamland and never say never. Suzuki would be a waste of time unless Cal's sole intent is 'being a factory rider' but I can't see it personally. That just leaves Ducati. Hmmmmmm, I wonder........

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

in the paper today

MCN says that Cal is in talks to extend his Yamaha contract... another year at Tech3 before the big move if he carries on performing maybe...?

If so, it will be the first time a Pol didn't get the job over a Brit... despite their alleged work ethic!

ps sorry for the rubbish pun... :(

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices