Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow: ‘I’d have been happy with fourth’ MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow: ‘I’d have been happy with fourth’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow: ‘I’d have been happy with fourth’

Cal Crutchlow was celebrating an unlikely second successive podium in a row in 2013 after he was the chief benefactor of late drama in Mugello yesterday. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team rider was doing his best to chase down Repsol Honda duo Marc Marquez and Dani Pedrosa with an impressive charge in the second half of the 23-lap race. Lying fourth...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 319 days ago (03 June 2013 10:30)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

with those criteria i can't but agree Rev!!!!!!

it will be a wonderful spectacle and ,if anything , might fire Vale into gear.

all in all it can't be bad for the sport but i hope we don't get fisticuffs again as that isn't sport!

(what about Yonny for next season Rev?)

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Yep

It's certainly not for want of trying after watching the onboard a few times.

Maybe his "problem" is his ultimate enthusiast nature, he seems to be into everything and perhaps this has bled away the bit extra he needs on the Island?

He's a seriously talented guy, he sort of reminds me of a northern, un-posh road racing version of James Haydon.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Biaggi

Replacing Spies is a great move, I wouldn't be surprised to see drama, I think I'd be more surprised if there was no drama with Biaggi on the same grid as Rossi.

Biaggi's recent actions, watching the Mugello race from Yamaha's garage, giving man love to Jorge on the grid and now riding a D16 all seem to have "Valentino Rossi" written on them. Perhaps he didn't set out with Rossi in mind but knowing that his presence is always likely to have an effect on Rossi, and probably negative, is surely a very sweet side effect for him.

Will he pass up an opportunity to plunge the sword in?

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

He's not

Don't think he'll shape up either, doesn't seem to have much potential to me. Perhaps he ought to use some of his countries finest to pep himself up, I'd never advocate riding motorcycles on drugs but maybe he needs to? Just a thought.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

The closer the grid bikes performance, the better the racing will be for the spectator. So with Biaggi's experience having an input into the bike, it's surely got to be good for Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Put Gino on it at least he'd crash it trying

If Ducati put a whisk in place of the back wheel on the D16 Max couldn't beat an egg with it,FFS is first WSB title come after Aprilia installed gear driven cams in it or they cheated and the second trophy had so many dents in it with Max  Marco and Tom chucking it up and down the race tracks.

Seeems like Ducati are in deep dodo picking this guy if they want to further any development.What were Ducati thinking of when they employed Ben and kept Nicky ,sort of understand the choice of the above average rider Dovi and taking a gamble with Iannone but there isn't a guy in the Ducati garage at the moment  with a chance of getting anywhere near the Honda and Yammy riders,Dovi being the prime example of been there done it and wearing the T shirt to prove it.So in the end, if the Ducati had a bike that was upto the game it would still be .5 of a lap slower than the other works teams.

Reply to this Topic
cheekymonkey

Aug 02

cheekymonkey says:

Of course

those who wish Rossi ill will have a great interest in Biaggi coming back and whopping his arse.

But I think some are getting carried away a bit.
Biaggi had many great battles with Rossi and it was great to watch, but Rossi prevailed. Check the results. 
To suggest that he can now come back and beat Rossi on a current Ducati is so much pie in the sky and I say that as a former Biaggi replica helmet owner!
All the speculation is great but lets keep it real! 

BTW. Off topic. The coverage of the TT has been as usual fantastic. Thanks ITV4. 
Interesting to note that nobody hates or slags off or questions the sexuality of riders who are so bloody useless as to come in second or (God help them), third in the Island! Shame some so called  MotoGP fans don`t have the same respect for all the guys on the grid.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

As Wayne Rainey said, when asked about the Rossi v Biaggi thing, ' there isn't any, I haven't seen Max win anything'... Cal you mean 5th, Rossi got knocked off as well..

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Hugelean

No, he mean't 4th. Obviously doesn't see Rossi as a threat these days.

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

Rev & Max v Rossi ...

There you go again Rev., yet more magazine quotes picked up down the dole office.

Then, however, the crowning glory: 'No love lost between them, but I'd love to see them both out on track once more'.

Gee up Taff, even an also ran Dovi has the beating of these two old champs.

Put your ill gotten money on Cal and stop being anti-social. That's an order.

Bill.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle