Skip to content

SUZUKI Staff blog: How much? BURGMAN 650

You are in... Forums > SUZUKI > BURGMAN 650 > Staff blog: How much?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Staff blog: How much?

I got a shock when I saw the price of new standard rear tyre for the Burgman 650 ABS Executive from a Suzuki dealer: £184 plus £30 for fitting.   The first one has just been replaced during the 4000 mile service, which costs £135. So that’s a total of £349.   I do 800 miles a week commuting to and from London....

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 320 days ago (04 June 2013 10:18)

Post a message in BURGMAN 650

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TheReg

Jul 12

TheReg says:

Motorcycle tyre costs are a rip-off, pure and simple....it's got a lot less to do with 'scales of production' than the fact that Motor Cyles are Recreational Vehicles (in the main) and like most other recreational vehicles the owners are seen as a soft target due to their passion!

Reply to this Topic
flydnb

Oct 12

flydnb says:

thinking again

I would go for the Honda cb 500x or the nc 700x , both cheaper and built a lot better, the 700 has underseat storage like the burgman , you can get an auto version as well which still works out cheaper than the burgman, plus you get 8000 mile service intervals and decent sized wheels which with our awful roads is a blessing over small scooter ones.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Big windows

The place that sold you the tyre at that price must have big windows...?

Oponeo has a Michelin tyre to suit for £73 inc vat & del.

The big burger isn't really a scooter, it's pretty much a full blown tourer.

The X10 mentioned earlier offers far better VFM, the servicing interval is good and the valves only need looking at every 25,000 miles.

Reply to this Topic
adoo

Jun 13

adoo says:

cheap commute

Been commuting for the last year on a CBR250R does 80mpg, rear tyre cost £80 and should be good for about 8000 miles services is every 8000 miles. Cost next to nothing to buy and is fun to ride. If you get wet feet buy some descent boots and gear, I've ridden mine all through the winter with no problems.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

The Big Secret

What many so called "bikers" fail to realise is that a scooter is actually just a type of motorcycle.

Two wheels, engine, leans in corners.

That my chums is a motorcycle.

The scooter configuration is merely a motorcytcle optimised for practical road transport.

At which task it reigns supreme.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle