Skip to content

Discuss This You ask/you answer: How to get the best out of MotoGP General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You ask/you answer: How to get the best out of MotoGP

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

You ask/you answer: How to get the best out of MotoGP

"Having stopped riding after getting knocked off five years ago (injury, mortage, wife, kid etc), my wife had obviously noticed my yearning for all things bike hasn't gone.  So for my birthday this year she's got us full weekend tickets for Silverstone 2013 MotoGP.  She's a keeper! As this will be my first one I want to make sure we get...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (04 June 2013 17:13)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

Go

Go early. Don't try to see everything or you'll hate it - just see what you see. Make sure you have a snack for the end of the day so you can sit down and eat it for half an hour before you try to leave...

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

find a ...

Pub...with a big Screen......Go early, drink lots and shout loudly. Then Get a Takeaway, Taxi home and Search eBay......Place a bid....Go to bed and The rest is History.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

and

Don't worry....We've all done it.......!

Reply to this Topic
Nashums

Jun 13

Nashums says:

My 2 years experience.

For the GP you are best spending the first day looking at some stalls, picking a good area to sit (club has some really good vantage points) and then watching entertainment in the campsite (i assume its camping full weekend) with the beer tents. In fact most of your time will probably be spent at the camp site with its entertainment at night. Obviously go and watch all races and then pick and choose prctice sessions, there is such a thing as watching too much of the same thing. Using whatever time you have not watching practices to visit the other stalls that won't have been open first day and visiting the other in-track buildings. I recommend going to the centre of the track where you can get up close to someof the support race bikes. When watching the race make sure you are also near a TV otherwise you just get an ocasional fly-by and that takes away from the experience. Doing two of them myself I found this was a great way of going about it (and if your missus isn't in to bikes all that much) theres plenty to do besides the races which take up no time. Have a great weekend!

Reply to this Topic
slickhillsy

Oct 04

slickhillsy says:

Stopped riding...

Get your backside back on a bike and ride to the event!  Simple as that really...  Enjoy!

Reply to this Topic
josh3446

May 09

josh3446 says:

Lap it up

Try out different seats to see which gives you the best view for Qualy & Race day - opposite one of giant TV screens helps you keep up with action around the track. Hop on the free bus round the outside to take it all in then hop off where you fancy. Would also recommend watching the riders being interviewed on the main stage on the Saturday evening.

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

getting a radio so you can hear what is going on is essential

Reply to this Topic
muddy686

Aug 11

muddy686 says:

Sell the tickets on Ebay and watch it on the telly.

Silverstone is a crap venue for watching bike racing, everything is overpriced and the facilities are awful.

You'll be happier with the money!

Reply to this Topic
muddy686

Aug 11

muddy686 says:

Further to my below, for a great first experience go to BSB at Mallory Park or WSB at Brands Hatch.  If its MotoGP you want, make a weekend of it and get over to Holland and watch it at Assen, a much better circuit and all round experience!

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

I  wanted to take my son to see MotoGP last year at Silverstone.

I have major problems walking, chronic pain issues and have had a blue badge for 12 years since a very nasty bike smash in 2001. Its one hell of a learning curve about disabled access I can tell you ! With the plan of going to Silverstone to watch the MotoGP and spend some quality time with my son I was prevented from attending due to the Silverstone policy with regards to disabled parking and access. The customer services advised me that the track has limited blue badge parking and it was all fully booked, so I could not park anywhere near the main gates. That was it, no access for me to take my son.

The issue of access inside the circuit for facilities or help getting to the part of the track we would have bought tickets for, I might as well have been asking questions about nuclear physics.

I cannot attend Silverstone track for these reasons. It is MotoGP at Silverstone again this year and I would still love to take my son to see his hero Rossi, but with no access or help from the circuit, sadly it aint going to be. I would love to take him to see Rossi at least once in his life. It is his 17th birthday in June and he wants to have a bike.

We both attended Donnington for BSB last year and found the polar opposite to Silverstone for disabled access. Donnington could not have been more helpfull and considerate. We had an absolutely brilliant day !

Donnington disabled access : 10/10

Silverstone disabled access : 0/10

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices