You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Touring & travel > Spain; North to South

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

frazmataz

Jan 11

frazmataz says:

Spain; North to South

Hi folks, Looking to do Spain this year, leaving it a bit late eh!

Assuming I get the ferry to Santander/Bilbao what route/roads would you recommend to get me to the South coast? I'll have about ten days in Spain. :biggrin::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (05 June 2013 00:16)

Post a message in Touring & travel

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
dd1965uk

Mar 09

dd1965uk says:

Spain

Hi Fraz

Did Spain last year for a week. Good road out of Santander is the N-623 to Burgos. 105 miles of great roads.

After that road the rest was a bit boring! Just keep off the motorways if you can.

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Spain

I do Spain most years and have several favourite routes North to South.  The N623 into Burgos is fantastic, as dd1965uk says.  Also, as the ferry into Bilbao arrives around midday, Burgos is the ideal place for your first stop.  (Stop off a Vivar - the birth place of El Cid - just before you get to Burgos)  

I have some routes saved on Map Source that I can send you if you have a Garmin SatNav. 

Reply to this Topic
frazmataz

Jan 11

frazmataz says:

Marcus

That'd be great if you could send me some routes, I've got the Zumo 220 so it shouldn't be an issue. I'll PM you my email. :smile

dd1965
The N623 sounds great, looks like the first day is sorted. :biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
lobosolitario

Jun 13

Accommodation in Pyrenees

I want to encourage you to do routes along the Spanish Pyrenees I ´ve ride wonderful roads with spectacular landscapes. Beside,I knew a familiar hotel in Castiello of Jaca that used us as headquarters for 3 days of routes for Aragon. With garage for motorcycles and good treatment and nice food.:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
lobosolitario

Jun 13

Amazing routes in the Pyrenees

I want to encourage you to do routes along the Spanish Pyrenees I ´ve ride wonderful roads with spectacular landscapes. Beside,I knew a familiar hotel in Castiello of Jaca that used us as headquarters for 3 days of routes for Aragon. With garage for motorcycles and good treatment and nice food.

mesoncastiello@lospirineos.com

Reply to this Topic
carsonr6

Jan 04

carsonr6 says:

Spain; North to South

I'm looking into this, I've got a spare couple of week in March. Would you recommend it at this time of year?

Reply to this Topic
byronsquest

Jan 14

byronsquest says:

Spain, north to south.

Did it in 2012. Found some great roads. It's a long way if you are in a hurry. We stopped twice on the way down keeping to the west of Madrid. The weather in Santander is similar to this country early in the year. The further south you go the warmer it gets obviously, but even on the costa del sol it was pretty cool at night even in may. Stayed in Valladolid for the first night, hotel El Nogel, private garage, and across the street is the most amazing genuine tapas bar. Pure Spanish. Second night in a fantastic village, in a monastery in Guadalupe. Fantastic mountain roads and cork forests. Worth staying 2nts. The journy from there south is still about 500mls but do-able in a day if you need to.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices