Skip to content

Discuss This Google Glass coming to motorcycle helmets? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Google Glass coming to motorcycle helmets?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Google Glass coming to motorcycle helmets?

Next year’s defining new-tech moment is sure to be the public release of Google’s first ‘wearable’ technology, Google Glass. You’re probably already aware of the idea: a tiny heads-up display fitted to a frame that looks like a pair of lens-less glasses. With its own built in camera, computer and a Bluetooth link to your mobile phone, the technology promises to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 318 days ago (05 June 2013 15:54)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

This has got to be a joke.  Nice idea for the movies but the real world?  I for one wouldn't purchace such shit to obscure my vision. 

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Oh well, at least the drongos who wear them while driving can film the moment they maim / kill someone, then put it on facetwittube............won't that be SOOOOOOOOOOOO funny?!!!!

It's just another high tech distraction with no real purpose; there's a trailer for these things which shows a bloke filming himself walking in ACTUAL dog shit, as opposed to virtual dog shit. And the point is? Absolute load of old toss for saddos with no life.

Count me out, ta.

Reply to this Topic
sleeping thunder

May 07

GPS,Check Radar warning,Check Fire & Forget missiles double check.Now would someone invent a anti radar trap stelth motorbike in red?

Reply to this Topic
speedo007

May 09

speedo007 says:

Great, another distraction.

Reply to this Topic
romford4

Oct 05

romford4 says:

Wow

Maybe I could wear Google glasses and be like Arnold Schwarzenegger in Terminator where he takes the guys motorbike and canes it along the twisties at night with no lights on, with all the forthcoming bends, angles etc appearing in red right in front of my eyes like a fighter-pilot's heads-up display.

Or maybe I could just get a life and leave this electronic geekery to the saddos with nothing else to excite them in their lives   ;)

Reply to this Topic
tman39a

Mar 08

tman39a says:

bad idea for road use

don't need any more distractions for motorists...bad enough they can't see us with 2 eyes free compared to these taking 1 away to focus on a near object screen,it may be see-through but focusing on it will blur anything in the distance. Even if the display characters are tiny it will be likely looking at a movie screen from the front row...impossible to look at all of it at once. Stuff like this should be banned from use outdoors and anyone thats used VR glasses in games will know that your eyes take a second to refocus once using them for more than a minute or 2. One eye will also get very tired which will only compound vision problems. As for use by bikers...is an online life worth risking your own by not paying attention to the road.

Reply to this Topic
TwoBrosBlade

Aug 02

TwoBrosBlade says:

Use for rear view?

Be great if they could give me a view behind me while im on the go. No more funky chicken moves on the Ducati!

Reply to this Topic
bud

Aug 02

bud says:

I don't mind the idea as long as every user of it whether they be walking down the street or driving a car has a giant fluorescent sign on them that reads "Warning: I am a Myopic fashion victim cock nobber with the attention span of a nat who needs to be immersed in a synthetic digitised world at all times 'cos I can't stand the sound of my own inner voice telling me how much of a loser I actually am, steer clear at all costs and by all means feel free to punch me square in the face if you feel like it". Google, schmoogle.

Reply to this Topic
georgelivemap

Jun 13

We are just engineeering a motohelmet with augmented reality and navigation built-in. The image is projected right on the helmet visor just like in a fighter gromit, it’s full-color, translucent, provides unobstructed view and doesn’t distract your atttention. Voice control keeps both hands free for driving. http://igg.me/at/livemaphelmet/x/3594808

Reply to this Topic
SitzmarkAngel

Feb 10

Keeping it simple.

I don't mind this so much. A HUD that would let me know speed would be nice, but you got to measure this up with what's superfluous and what's crucial. Since all your crucial stuff is discoverable with a glance at the dash, I can only think this is good for those who are travelling so er, spirited that a glance down and thus away from the road ahead is dangerous.

I'd probably get one, but only after reading many reviews...

If it at least told me I hadn't managed to turn off my indicator that would be lovely.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle