You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Legal > er5 rebuild

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

shinny29

May 13

shinny29 says:

er5 rebuild

My son recently had an accident the result of which was a severely bent subframe on his er5, If we rebuild his bike around a used frame with a V5 can he then legally use the replacement frames registration and transfer his engine no to that V5, or does he need to go down the Single Vehicle Approval route as you would say for a custom built bike. All he wants to do is to build one good bike out of the components of two and then declare the damaged frame as scrap.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 320 days ago (06 June 2013 08:36)

Post a message in Legal

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

if its just a bent sub frame then just replace that. as long as the rest of the frame is 100% ok

Reply to this Topic
Dabbsy

Aug 02

Dabbsy says:

subframe

I'd also look at the possibility of getting it straightened out. Maidstone Motoliner can sort frames.

Here's a link:

http://www.motoliner.com/

Reply to this Topic
shinny29

May 13

shinny29 says:

er5 rebuild

Unfortunately the frame is in one complete unit so the operation of replacing the subframe is not possible, its possible it could be straightened but so far I've been unable to trace someone locally who can do this plus there's little value left in the bike as there's that much cosmetic damage. What we'd like to is build something a little bit special for him based on the original chassis / engine but on a limited budget and preferably without a Q plate.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle