Skip to content

Discuss This First pictures: Biaggi tests Pramac Ducati MotoGP bike MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > First pictures: Biaggi tests Pramac Ducati MotoGP bike

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

First pictures: Biaggi tests Pramac Ducati MotoGP bike

Six time world champion Max Biaggi returned to the track today at Mugello today the Pramac Ducati MotoGP bike. Following his retirement from WSB at the end of last season, the 41 year old Italian has been linked with a comeback to WSB along with testing duties for the struggling Alstare Ducati 1199 Panigale. But instead of focussing his efforts in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 319 days ago (06 June 2013 15:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Depending on who you listen to or what you read, it wasn't a "test". Biaggi asked for a ride on the Ducati and was granted one whilst the team is testing at Mugello.

Having a ride on the bike to satisfy a desire and testing for the factory are two entirely different things.

Who knows which he was doing?

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Mad Max

I heard it was 1.49.8. Spies bike, Bridgestone tyres. Would be great to see him out there, even if only running mid pack. Biaggi on a Ducati. That would definately give Rossi a kick up the arse. :biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

IF

Biaggi is considered (by some posters) to have been 'inferior' competition to Rossi in his  hey-day - how in hell's name can he be considered to be competition for today's crop of aliens?

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

does anyone think he'd be competetive?

mid-pack would be an achievement if he does end up with a wild-card.

Reply to this Topic
BarkerBill

Feb 12

BarkerBill says:

Biaggi's return

Don't know as to whether this has been mentioned previously, but Max Biaggi is once more single. He and his longtime partner, Elonora Pedron, have apparently split. She no longer living in Monte Carlo, but instead house hunting in Milan. Biaggi hat two children with her. She, seemingly, now finds contentment with Italian cyclist pro Fillipo Pozzato, a chum of Marco Melandri. That should cheer Max up no end . . .  Meanwhile he is reported to be seeking a new gaff in Rome where he intends to take up contact with his old tarts.

Something to prove? Maybe! Shame being, he's been riding against also rans in Superbike who weren't fit to lace the man's boots when in his prime. Though like some members of this forum, he did occasionally lack the essential quality of humbleness.

Though I expect the Reverend Taffy knew all this anyway.  Wonder why Max didn't coose Cardiff for his tart hunt?

Bill, the Gifted One.

Reply to this Topic
phinmac

Nov 08

phinmac says:

max

This guy is too smart to ride this in motogp race. Unless he is just making some side cash for testing. Max is to competitive to get back out there especially with the likes of Rossi to ride around on this lame Duck.

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

is Max still good enough?

there's the rub, most people know that if you're fast, you're fast regardless of age, i remember Mike Hailwood going back to the TT and being more than competitive, OK it was road racing but the guy was fast even after a lay off much longer than Max has had.

i have to admit Max looked pretty fit when tony doodah collared him at Donnington (physically fit i mean before the closet homos start sniggering at the back,jeez).

i still think he'll struggle with the Duke with his precise riding style, the Duke seem to like to race as long as it can have a wrestling match with the rider to keep it distracted.

i could be wrong but i think Ducati need to source a racer without a brain once the reds go out and i don't include Dovi in that category, he too, likes a bike that's precise and smooth in my opinion.

Yonny Hernadez anyone?

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Times

1.54 Thursday - times have dropped today.
Full spec Ducati (not Lab) 
Time taken to 'adjust to Bridgstone, Carbob brakes and electronics'
Biaggi describes this (loosely translated) as an indulgence though it is clearly a test of both rider and bike.

Dont expect a 'Bayliss' like return to MotoGP for the reigning WSBK Champion (Valencia 06)

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

i don't think anyone is expecting a "Bayliss" Chris or i hope not as disappointment will be their bedfellow but every fan of MotoGP has to ask themselves the question; should Max get it or a younger rider who can bolster Dukes position in the class for the foreseeable?

Dovi , for all his undoubted skills isn't going to win the WC on the Duke but a hungry younger pilot might in the future.

asking Max to finish Spies' season would be a PR exercise in my opinion because Max probably won't commit to an assault on the WC at this stage in his career unless the moneys run out.

could Max be in front of Dovi on the grid? who knows but Dovi is a master of the single lap in the new qualy layout but is struggling to convert that in race conditions.

being 3rd in the race for the grid isn't going to impress on the CV i'm afraid but i think ,if Scotty gets a better offer they ought to look to Yonny Hernadez, a demon without fear or favour of any bike out there who reminds me, in his "balls out" approach, to Stoner.

the Duke appears to be a monster that needs it's neck wrung rather than set up for the race so find a rider who does that.

i know Yonny hasn't done much but sometimes it's about the bike and rider being suited to one another rather than being the fastest bike wins despite the rider (Dovi, i believe had the fastest straight line speed at Mugello?).

Ducati need to think outside the box(or Dovi does!).

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

I'd rather see Max on the Duc than Ben.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle