Skip to content

DUCATI Staff Blog: Hyperstrada Tyre Testing HYPERSTRADA 821

You are in... Forums > DUCATI > HYPERSTRADA 821 > Staff Blog: Hyperstrada Tyre Testing

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

Staff Blog: Hyperstrada Tyre Testing

I’m working my way through as many new-for-2013 tyres as I can for this year, so I can see what the tyre companies have been up to. With each new generation of tyre, we get more bang for our buck. The new breed keep getting gripper, better in the wet and more durable. I ran the standard Pirelli Scorpion dual purpose tyres...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 June 2013 11:41)

Post a message in HYPERSTRADA 821

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TwoBrosBlade

Aug 02

TwoBrosBlade says:

"Tyres don’t take that long to scrub in. You should always be careful on cold tyres, but all it takes is a couple of wheel revolutions and you get rid of the shiny stuff and you’re good to go. Just be careful on the first few corners or roundabouts, then you’ve got nothing to worry about. When I’m racing, it literally takes one or two corners to scrub my tyres in." Hope the MCN legal team are sitting comfortably for the claims likely to come their way following this consumer advice. Im no expert but none of the warning stickers on any new tires ive bought mention a couple of revolutions. Usually 62km. Roughly.

Reply to this Topic
Neevesy

Mar 05

Neevesy says:

TwoBrosBlade. That whole mileage thing doesn;t make sense. If you do 62km in a dead straight line, you'll never scrub the sides of the tyres in....

Reply to this Topic
plumber01

Feb 12

plumber01 says:

tyres

I know of two blokes who both binned their bikes within 30 yards of the tyre bay ! both in the wet, one on an oil patch, I think if the road is dry gently lean a bit further slowly and gradually build up to your max, and Im sure Neeevesy, you can do that in a couple of corners, as for the mortals, we may take longer, and we have to pay for our own bikes.

Whats the tank and range on the Duke like, and are the mirrors must be better than the old ones on the end of the bars, not suitable in traffic !

Reply to this Topic
Neevesy

Mar 05

Neevesy says:

Really, if you treat a new tyre like a cold tyre, you can't go wrong. Going for it straight away, wet, dry, oil or anything in between is never a good idea and probably why those riders crashed. Tank range is around 130-140 miles and the mirrors are much better...

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Continental

From the Conti website: "Traction Skin provides an extremely safe and short tire break in. This is possible due to the revolutionary raw tread surface, which is the result of a new mold coating technology which eliminates the need for tire-release agents."

www.conti-online.com/www/motorcycle_de_en/themes/motorcycletires/race/contiroadattack_2_cr_de.html

Reply to this Topic
TwoBrosBlade

Aug 02

TwoBrosBlade says:

Neevesey - totally agree with you. 62 km at walking pace through traffic wouldnt do anything for side grip. I just wouldnt want some idiot reading what you wrote - crashing and then trying to come back at MCN for compo, ultimately pushing up the price of my weekly paper. I always whack tire warmers on for an hour on new tires before then just having a steady ride to work (50 miles). Ride home is normal. On a track day years ago the warmers thing was suggested by an instructor with the thinking being that the teflon coating would be left on the road quicker if warm. Been doing it ever since with no issues.

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

sophiaemily

you can go n fuck off as well as the other two twats go sort yer stupid country out .

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices