Skip to content

Discuss This MotoGP grid set to swell to 28 bikes in 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > MotoGP grid set to swell to 28 bikes in 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

MotoGP grid set to swell to 28 bikes in 2014

The MotoGP grid could swell to its largest size in years with the potential for a 28-strong entry in 2014.With Honda, Yamaha and Ducati all contracted to supply four factory prototypes each, there is the possibility that 16 additional entries will be permitted to compete, including Suzuki with a new two-rider factory effort.Suzuki were to be subject to stringent entry...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 June 2013 13:40)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

Interesting Prospect....

But I'm sure Dorna or Carmelo will find a way of screwing it up. Biggest grid for years with loads of exciting young riders and how do Dorna decide to increase the profile of the sport? They Sell the rights to BT effectivley making it pay per view. Way to encourage the Casual/new spectator.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Grids to swell..........

.........................so what?

I fully appreciate the efforts of all that line up but do I really tune in to watch someone who rarely wins in their national series? No.

MotoGp is a minority sport. Had it not been for Vale for the past decade then it could've been worse. Vale, if nothing else, puts bums on seats. Sticking more bikes on a grid when, let's be honest, few have much interest in those beyond 10th place, won't change a thing. And why compound the problem (as 'diceman' states) further!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

pacey

your spot on,motogp is boring,apart from the racing at the front with the 1st 4 or 5,and 9 times out off 10 thats shit to,now its gone to bt its fucked.

Reply to this Topic
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

and?

won`t be watching it next year thanks to BT..just be reading about it..

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

MotoGP

I sort of agree with all the posts so far , but , it seems that not many people do and  like not many of us give a toss about  Superbike , domestic UK or World . The Crutchlow would have been happy with 4th thread has 240 odd comments , the best race ive seen in a long long time ( supersport at Portimao) has about 7 comments .

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Get. A. Grip.

Premier League Football isn't free.  World Superbikes is not free.  UFC is not free.  The companies are in it to make money are they not?  The BBC is half fledgling company run by 'out of touch with the kids' (no puns intended in anyway) directors who are clueless at half base. They cover half the races on BBC2 with a small amount of credibility by giving Crutchlow (the British rider) a decent amount of airtime (for the British audience).  The rest of the races are aired on BBC3 which I also don't have. 

For one, I am thankful that I don't have to listen to that pair of complete and utter turnips Cox and Parrish.  So I subscribed for a year pass to the Dorna site - yep to line his pockets.  Or more to the point so that as a consumer (as we all are) to give me the choice to watch races wherever I am in the world on my laptop.  Even if I miss it (depending on the timezone)..  For people who subscribe to Sky paying 50-90 quid a month, I can have all of the coverage for 82 quid for the season or more specifically 18 races with 3 days of action @ 1.51 (GBP) per day.  given the cost of Sky and Premier Sports... (which I don't watch) then heck yeah.  I'll subscribe.

You go to work to get paid don't you?  There's not much in this life for free ladies.  That includes MotoGP. IF you're a fan then you'll just subscribe (the coverage of the Video pass pisses on all the other channels)! It's a frickin company making dough.  And a no brainer decision.  What you want it for free?  Then go round your mates house...

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Fantastic! We'll still have six fast bikes at the front, but now there'll be twenty two also-rans instead of the current fourteen.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Yeah watch it for free off a live feed lads. I do every round. Like I'm gonna fork out money to watch a sporting event. F@ck that.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Live feed? Share the high quality link brother. Except it isn't. Ahhh CBR... do you offer your talents for free? Of course you don't. So why should Dorna? Or the premier league. Or anyone else. Lets give it to you for free. Like the tv license you pay. Enjoy corrie and X factor mate that's where your 120 quid is going each year.. haha.

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

Too far.

They might as well have 4 GP bikes against 24 Moto2 bikes.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices