Skip to content

Discuss This MotoGP grid set to swell to 28 bikes in 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > MotoGP grid set to swell to 28 bikes in 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

MotoGP grid set to swell to 28 bikes in 2014

The MotoGP grid could swell to its largest size in years with the potential for a 28-strong entry in 2014.With Honda, Yamaha and Ducati all contracted to supply four factory prototypes each, there is the possibility that 16 additional entries will be permitted to compete, including Suzuki with a new two-rider factory effort.Suzuki were to be subject to stringent entry...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 June 2013 13:40)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Kescheng

May 06

Kescheng says:

Cal and Scott?

Any increase in bike manufacturers should be encouraged. And lets be honest here it's pretty clear that Cal Crutchlow has been in talks with Suzuki if all the rumours are correct. Should be an interesting season ahead. Now bring Scott Redding on board as well and you have a great prospect. It will keep BT happy as well to see a factory bike with a British rider on board.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Thomas

''More bikes is a good things, and as Shawno has said, nothing is free. Pay up or fuck off, leeches.''

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I have Sky as I watch many sports, and I guess many others do too. It's not a question of 'paying up', more a question of why Uncle has chosen to potentially lose many viewers? Obviously the figures work for him but we'll wait and see.

''Every sport has "no hopers", not just motogp. That's one of the great qualities of sport, the little guy taking on the giants.''

---------------------------------------------

Agreed. But you're pissing in the wind if you think that happens at the pinnacle of motorsport in this era. 

Reply to this Topic
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

contracted to supply four factory bikes? by that do they mean factory bikes for the satellite teams or just the same as it is this year with 2 satelite an 2 factory cos would be awesome to have 12 bikes on the grid capable of winning maybe 14 with Suzuki :) 

Reply to this Topic
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

sorry obviously ducati arnt capable of winning lol

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

It's a business PC

Plus, the BBC coverage is ordinary at best. Over two channels and a "red button", rarely any practice or qualifying, or moto 2/3 races, with a commentary duo it's very difficult to like. Lose viewers? I'd rather watched the delayed race on Eurosport, as I'm sure many do. It's a minority sport, always will be, and even more so if it's core "fans" aren't willing to pony up to watch it.

It's Honda stopping the little guy having any chance of competing, not Dorna.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Thomas

It's a minority sport, always will be, and even more so if it's core "fans" aren't willing to pony up to watch it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 'core' fans always will bud.................unlike many that Vale has brought.  

That aside. Wether the coverage from Auntie Beeb is ordinary at best, it's still coverage and free for many.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Grid to swell..

WOW..I'm impressed.

Does this mean more competitive seats all round and tighter competition?

Mmm..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Ha!

There we go, there's that sanctimonious attitude I was talking about. It's only Vale that can have casual viewers, and all of them are bad, and none of them will pay to watch?

How many casual viewers has Rossi brought to the sport that became core fans? More than any other rider in any era I'd say, certainly the modern era. You're letting your own bitterness towards Casey quitting seep out there PC.

It's not free, it's a minority sport, it was never going to last on the BBC, and what are you worried about anyway if it's only Rossi "fans" watching for "free"?

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Moto gp grid to swell to 28 bikes?. Only 18 bikes on the sbk grid ?

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

Thomas

Sponsorship is all in motorsport and putting a series on pay per view that will only give very low exposure will drive the sponsors away. I wonder how many british sponsors would get on board for the next five years if Suzuki sign Cal and Scott knowing that only a very small minority of a monority will be watching.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices