Skip to content

Discuss This When Spencer met Marquez MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > When Spencer met Marquez

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

When Spencer met Marquez

For 31 long years, American legend Freddie Spencer held the distinction of being the youngest rider in history ever to win in the MotoGP class.That was until the mercurial Marc Marquez arrived in MotoGP in 2013 and broke Spencer’s record with a historic win in the inaugural Circuit of the Americas clash in Texas back in April.Spencer, who was 20...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (10 June 2013 17:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

different breed

of men back then, smoke fags get pissed shag dolly brollys, now its go to gym eat pasta say yes a lot. In the 80s they were loony tunes on loony two strokes. Of course the riders today are better because factorys spend millions making sure their atheletes are at the top of their game and not smoking or getting pissed but expect some dolly birds still get it. I will let you know after Goodwood when I force myself at any bike racer I come across.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Different breed indeed...

... & Rossi belongs to the old party crowd...

'In the past it was more just about bravery but now everybody is more serious and very athletic. They diet and train a lot and don't have a normal life. I think it's important to be able to have fun too!... In the last few years, the sport has become too serious and so have the riders."

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Different breed...

Same breed, different era.

The best of their time would still be at the front in any sport/walk of life regardless of era imo. Long may it last :)

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

AlexDAbomB69

Watch 'The unridables on ITV4 player' then come back and say they smoked fags got pissed and shagged dolly brollys

It's on for anther 23 days and its a cracking watch

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/the-unrideables

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Nostalgia

It isn't what it used to be , yes , those 500's make these MotoGP machines look like  pussy bikes. Thanks for the link Noddy .

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

This documentery scores10 out of 10

Loved it when they give Randy a Ferrari for the podium on the Cagiva,Anyone else with the love of                         2 strokes,Rainy Lawson Schwantz Roberts Gardner should watch,

Reply to this Topic
easytargets

Jul 09

easytargets says:

diversity, bravry and development

All the current riders are great at what they do, its a shame the organisations running motor sport have castrated it with over regulation. just like the nanny state we live in the risk aversion and PC paranoia is out of controll.

In Freddies day, he rode 3 and 4 cylinder, V and Square layouts in the same season, just from one manufacturer. There was and era where you could build and race anything that qualified, brilliant and exciting, now the bikes are so congruent and digitally enhanced the riscs, skill and variety are nowhere near as high and correspondingly the fans interst and commitment is at a level of soccer fans, cheering for thier colour or favourite for nationalist or other reasons that may not be enven motorcycle related.

Dont get me started on the two stroke ban!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices