Skip to content

Ask an Expert Which Over trousers/ textile trousers Clothing

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Clothing > Which Over trousers/ textile trousers

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Tombodge

Jun 13

Tombodge says:

Which Over trousers/ textile trousers

Hello :smile

Im looking for some over trousers which can be worn over normal jeans.  Have GOOD knee and hip impact protection which will be good for riding in the summer but most importantly have good abrasion resistance.

Currently Ive only got a full one piece leather suit but Im looking for something so when I commute I can just slip off some over trousers and change my shoes and im ready to go.

Id also like them to be light and breathable enough that when I take my bike (KTM 450 supermoto) off road in off road trim they can be worn for good abrasion resistance on the tarmac.

It would be nice if they have a water profe thermal removal layer for winter but that's not as important.

Im not sure if I trust most textile trousers for abrasion resistance?  But I need to come to some kind of compromise for traveling short distance's.  While not fully clad in leather ill be keeping speeds down anyway.

Is there anything in the market that will cover all of the above?

Tom      

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 314 days ago (10 June 2013 17:42)

Post a message in Clothing

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Textile trousers.

I think you are asking rather alot from a single garment, hence the lack of replies. However, Wolf Titanium textile trousers might come close. I've just bought the jacket and it is excellent. I might buy the trousers later too but I generally prefer to wear leather ones for best protection.

In the past I tried wearing jeans under Hein Gericke textile trousers but it wasn't comfortable.

I take shoes and trousers to work in a rucksac at the start of the week and I have a locker there. That works for me.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle