Skip to content

TRIUMPH Staff Blog: Please don't kill me STREET TRIPLE R

You are in... Forums > TRIUMPH > STREET TRIPLE R > Staff Blog: Please don't kill me

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Tony Hoare  says:

Staff Blog: Please don't kill me

Well that was the scariest, most bum-puckery, head-duckery moment I’ve had since I got back on a bike in the Spring. Casually riding south on the A1, thinking about whether to make one more overtake before reaching the exit that leads to the MCN office. Yes, there’s loads of room to pass a dawdling Audi. Check mirror, indicate, aim just to...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 June 2013 11:54)

Post a message in STREET TRIPLE R

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

"massive, glorious beast"?

Kestrel's are small, ya wuss. Are you sure it wasn't a Red Kite?

From the MCN bird correspondent.

Reply to this Topic
wobblybiker

Mar 09

wobblybiker says:

Birds

There are a lot of pheasants round here. They are bastards. Start to go one way, then change their mind at the last second and fly up straight at you!

Reply to this Topic
TwoBrosBlade

Aug 02

TwoBrosBlade says:

Deffo Kite country

Around them there parts. I see them every day going from Peterboghorror to Northampton along the shockingly re-dressed Corby road.

Reply to this Topic
bikerpete51

Apr 11

bikerpete51 says:

Cruelty to animals.

The kestrel was probably in the right lane and you jumped lanes..This is being reported to the RSPB as we speak...

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Owl

Don't know what its like to headbutt a kestrel but one dark night an owl fell prey to my Arai Rapide.

Reply to this Topic
plumber01

Feb 12

plumber01 says:

Kestral

Tony you do know this is a bird of prey, I think as you have lost a load weight you are now so small it simply thought you were prey! Get back on the pies and it wont happen,   .............never happened to me!

Reply to this Topic
MCN LiamM

Jul 08

MCN LiamM says:

Posted on behalf of Mark Taylor

I lived in California for 18 years and used to go to local race events. A few years ago, I was riding to the WSB event at Laguna Seca, California. The 198 is an amazing stretch of road, from I5 across to the 101. I was gently sweeping round flowing corners, up and down the elevation changes in the early morning warmth. I came around a blind right hander and had the shock of my life. In the middle of my lane was a dead possum and standing on top of it the biggest bird i've ever seen, that wasn't an ostrich. I slow down and hit my horn, figuring the Golden Eagle would just fly away. Nope, it tries to take off with the carcass, it's fully open wings now filling the lane. I am slowing down, but, not nearly enough to miss it. As I get within about six foot of it, it drops its breakfast and soars up and behind me. I swerve round the possum and look back, to see the eagle already standing back on it. I slowed right down the rest of the way to the track.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices