Skip to content

Discuss This New MCN June 12: McGuinness The Master General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > New MCN June 12: McGuinness The Master

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

New MCN June 12: McGuinness The Master

In this week's MCN, out June 12, we have the round-up of TT fortnight, with all the latest news. McGuinness takes maybe his greatest win ever, as the old master proves he's still fast. Also this week: We have an exclusive on Yamaha's new 850cc triple and we test BMW's F800GS Adventure. In sport: As well as all the latest from the TT...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 June 2013 13:24)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Patsfalco

Sep 12

Patsfalco says:

MCN...

Jeez, you'd think that these headlines were written a week ago and had no bearing on facts.

'McGuiness the master' - what, the guy who was beaten in five out of six races last week? Master?

'Laverty unstoppable' - apart from the first race, when he was stopped...

'The future of Yamaha' Really? I guessed they're completely goosed, then. A bike almost inseparable from at least 10 bikes currently on sale.

MCN is full of screaming headlines and no substance. Fur coat and no knickers. A waste of money for sure.

Reply to this Topic
yammy7r

Apr 09

yammy7r says:

Dont read it then Patsy, McGuiness is the master he saved the best till last, the only problem I have with MCN was last wednesday's race report on Mugello, there was a two page spread on fu****g Rossi falling off and all it said about Lorenzo " Jorge Lorenzo was romping to a third straight win at the Tuscan track " that was the write up on Jorge's win ridiculous.

Reply to this Topic
bikerpete51

Apr 11

bikerpete51 says:

Editorial bias

Yep, while there's no mistaking McGuiness is the master with 20 TT wins (and my hero to boot!) he was beaten by a hungrier Michael Dunlop in most of the races, but that's just the way it goes. He's still incredibly fast and a genuine, wonderfully modest bloke to boot. It was nice to see him and Dunlop chatting watching the sidecar race like old mates.   Re: MotoGP, MCN is very biased in their reporting of our racing heros especially with Rossi.  Lorenzo can get a fantastic win and the glory still goes to Rossi or Marquez, with little mention of Lorenzo. But hey, we've all got our predjudices...

Reply to this Topic
frugaltail

Feb 12

frugaltail says:

mcn value?

So, this weeks headlines Yamaha takes the world by storm with the best bike we have ever seen now with revolutionary 3 cylinder engine Rossi on track to win GP next week Laverty has not made a mistake yet Isle of Man are changing the name of the TT to McGuinness because he wont every race (including side cars) last week and lastly, Rossi can run 4 seconds a lap faster then lorenzo, but everyone else gets in his way and his bike goes wrong, and his tyres are too black, and his helmet is too heavy, and his heyfever is too bad, and his house is too dusty... but actually he is 117 points ahead we just are not ready to know yet

Reply to this Topic
Huskymick

May 13

Huskymick says:

Yammyr7

I have to say I agree that the two page spread on Rossi crashing was over the top, when all brad and cal got was the same. MCN just don't get it, support the Brits and the stars of motogp, Rossi is just a Yamaha marketing tool he's is not racing for a title.

Reply to this Topic
yzf07

Feb 10

yzf07 says:

McGuiness

i was there, John showed Micheal that he was still the daddy.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices