Skip to content

Discuss This Suzuki keen to understand performance against MotoGP opposition MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Suzuki keen to understand performance against MotoGP opposition

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Suzuki keen to understand performance against MotoGP opposition

Suzuki will get a clear understanding of the size of the task it faces to be a competitive force in MotoGP again when it pitches its new 1000cc MotoGP contender against Honda and Yamaha in Spain next week. Randy de Puniet completed a successful shakedown of the new bike in Japan recently and Suzuki is poised to kick off a series...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 June 2013 13:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I agree with Bluehaze

Anyone of the three Aliens from last year would've podiumed that GSV 2008-2011, if not more. Christ if Hopper could.....

But no. Suzuki got the corporate collywobbles and slunk away. They've now seen the error of their ways and want back. Yet time stands still for no-one and only the hotbed of competition can improve the breed to the requisite level.

Suzuki face a steep uphill task and all from ground zero with a brand new design. Yeah I want to see them become competitive, but nor am I holding my breath. No rider with any serious MotoGP performance aspirations would go anywhere near this project. And herein lies Suzuki's catch 22 scenario.

Reply to this Topic
glm7354

Mar 13

glm7354 says:

I think RDP is good for develompent and another rider like Aleix Espargaro or Barbera for the first year to run the bike and make changes.They need riders with experience in the clash not rookie from the first year.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Lets Hope

They can get a package together we need them in Moto gp .the more seats available the better and yes I agree Kawasaki ought to get on the case as well

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Nostro, I take your point..

..but don't under estimate the lure of a fat pay check. Just look at Dovi for proof of that. I think it boils down to Suzuki's commitment to the cause and the aspiration they can show to already proven talent. It's happened before; Rossi to Yamaha, Stoner to Ducati...Cal's got the desire for a ride like that, maybe he could make it work?..

Reply to this Topic
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

I agree CHR,

if Suzuki make the right noises to the rider, offers a level of commitment (which I suspect they will have anyway) a full factory ride with a half decent pay cheque, chance to develop a bike, make a name for yourself as the guy that brought Suz back to the top etc etc

There are many quality riders out there who would take that gig.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I can partially accept this CHR

Dovi went to Ducati because he wanted the edge only factory kit can really provide. His preference was Yamaha, but their preference was marketing - I understand this also. History has shown us Dovi needs full factory equipment to have any chance of competing with JL, DP & CS (now MM), so satellite was not on his radar for another season.

Ducati has been a regular winner in the past. They can make a competitive GP motorcycle, yet since the departure of Stoner their biggest missing ingredient has been a hens teeth rare Alien class rider. Dovi is hoping (as was Rossi) that Corse will be able to make a wee performance leap over the Japanese marques. It's the only way he will make the Red beast  and himself a winner again. I believe these were Dovi's motives more than the salary. The same can be said of Rossi. He saw a strong engine which needed a mere sprinkling of his and Burgess' fairy dust to give him the edge, given he couldn't compete with JL on an even footing. Whoops - got that horribly wrong. He wasn't anything like as adaptable as he or us were lead to believe.

The Suzuki? Well it's plenty raw right now I guess. But yes there'll be a few riders eye'ing its peformance very closely on Monday. But to compare it to Dovi and the Duke is a little unfair on Corse's product and Dovi's motives.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Money

There isn't a rider outside of the factory Honda and Yamaha teams that would turn down a Ducati ride. The salary is millions. Literally millions. Everyone else earns comparatively fuck all. Why do you think Cal was so pissed off at missing out? The only exception to this recently was Rossi, already one of the world's richest sportsmen, and for all the reasons Nostro lays out below.

When your career is about 10 years long, money comes first, and understandably so. Everything else is secondary.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Being a little disingenuous to Dovi..

..I accept that. He comes across as a straight forward kind of fellow and I've no doubt his intentions were honourable. It's an undeniable fact though, in this game careers are short and I would bet your bottom dollar that all these boys are looking for the big pay day. The problem Suzuki face, irrespective of how much they would have to offer, is one you've already addressed - and that's the lack of riders on the grid able to offer the "Alien" factor. An exciting prospect for me would be the experience of Crutchlow matched with the raw talent of Redding..

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Claw

When your career is about 10 years long, money comes first, and understandably so.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally I don't understand. I think it's a sad state of affairs when 'the buck' rides rough-shod over achievement, but that unfortunately seems to be the way of the world for many.

Hmmmmmm............... 

Reply to this Topic
moany100

Apr 11

moany100 says:

NEED A TOP RIDER

You only have to look at how well Bautista has done on the Honda,

Roughly the same as he did on the Suzuki, if they can convince one of the top boys to have a crack they will get the answer they need and as much as i like Randy not sure if he's one of them.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices