Skip to content

Discuss This New Yamaha MT-09 850cc triple breaks cover New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > New Yamaha MT-09 850cc triple breaks cover

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Rich Newland  says:

New Yamaha MT-09 850cc triple breaks cover

An all-new 850cc street-focused triple for just £6799? Meet the future of Yamaha… Yamaha have released details of one of their most important new bikes in decades, the MT-09. It’s an all-new naked middleweight designed specifically for the European market with a brand-new 850cc transverse three-cylinder engine, upright riding position, distinctive styling – and a hugely attractive price tag of just...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 318 days ago (11 June 2013 15:16)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

detail

on the site nieuwsmotor you can see many more pics. Yamaha realy payed attention to every detail. it looks perfect. pic of the engine to.

Reply to this Topic
tman39a

Mar 08

tman39a says:

good attempt

what is it these days with ignoring the pillion seat comfort on bikes like these.....for that reason alone i wouldn't even test ride these style bikes let alone buy one. Either give it a proper seat or don't bother with one at all. Other than that the bike looks well and at the price it should appeal to those with no pillion friends. The 675/1050 triumph triples will run rings around it and are well established so this will have to have a few tricks up it sleeves and they better hope it does better in sales than the FZ8 which are being given away and have no trade value.

Reply to this Topic
brynhils

Jun 06

brynhils says:

Grammar!

To quote; 'Now Yamaha wants the world to understand its back'

I'm no Chiropractor or or a doctor of Osteopathic medicine, so it may take me a while.

Perhaps the use of an extra apostrophe wouldn't go amiss somewhere within the article?

Come on Mr. Newland, here's one for free!

Reply to this Topic
Danny456D

Nov 12

Danny456D says:

Of all the types of bikes Yamaha could unveil their all new fancy triple engine theyve been banging on about for a while, they do it on some hokey chinese looking parts bin special, and not (what everyone really wants to see) a 675 sportsbike to rival Triumph. Like anybody on earth cares about a bike like this, they already have the fz8? Yamaha seem to think they can make substandard bikes with gimmicky engines that make a different noise, and expect every man and his dog to get exited..nah. Bring back the Yamaha of 03 please.

Reply to this Topic
oldgittim

Jul 06

oldgittim says:

I have just got a NC700s and an loving it and was interested to see this Yamaha. yes it has  twice the bhp and is 23Kg lighter, but will it do over 80mpg hold a full face helmet in a fake petrol tank? Also the NC has 44ft-lb torque to the Yamahas 62ft-lb. but hey all this is just numbers i would have to see how it rides really and have really got used to the storage on the honda as am using it for work and have not bothered to get a top box after all.

Reply to this Topic
triplehelix

May 13

triplehelix says:

Wow, after all this waiting and they release a bike that looks like any old generic bike you see on the streets passing you by.

It doesn't even get them into the A2 license categories, so essentially the bike is for a market that already has a footing anyway. Newly designed gearbox.....Yeesh, let's hope Yamaha don't do another 1998-2002 YZF R6 tranny screw up on this bike. Yamaha's gearboxes are clunky enough as it is, I imagine this one will sound like a shotgun being fired.

It's ashame, I really like Yamaha, but what a piss poor first release attempt on their new triple cylinder technology.

Reply to this Topic
HIVIS

Jun 13

HIVIS says:

Fuel Tank

It better do 80mpg if it fuel capacity of only 14 liters

Reply to this Topic
howtoo

Jan 06

howtoo says:

colour

http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/products/motorcycles/mt/mt-09.aspx?view=media&mode=colours#http://cdn.yamaha-motor.eu/product_assets/2014/MT09/2014-Yamaha-MT-09-EU-Race-Blu-Studio-002.jpg?width=910&quality=75|ymeGallery1|Race%20Blu||nulltext

Nice colours race blu is my colour

Reply to this Topic
howtoo

Jan 06

howtoo says:

weight wet

Only 3KG extra for ABS. at 191KG that's not too bad but how good is yamaha abds compared to Honda?

Reply to this Topic
frugaltail

Feb 12

frugaltail says:

worried

wow, I was worried about getting a new street with yamaha waiting in the wings.... at least I can relax now because this looks shit.... Im certain the engine will be great but whats the point if I would rather be seen riding my granny than an mt09. Yamaha really DESPERATELY need to get a new designer in because this is CRAP.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle