Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies vows to repay Ducati faith MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies vows to repay Ducati faith

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies vows to repay Ducati faith

Ben Spies has vowed to reward Ducati’s faith in him by returning to the form that at one time seemed destined to see him challenge for the MotoGP world championship. The injury-ravaged Texan is unlikely to return to action until the Indianapolis round in mid-August while he continues the long and gruelling process of recovering from a severe right shoulder injury...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 318 days ago (11 June 2013 15:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

Motivated

Ben Spies seems one of the nicest most intellegent guys in MOTOGP. When he rode for Yamaha He was up against Lorenzo who has got to be the best rider in the world. This was the 1st time his team mate was better than him. It knocked his confidence big time . Hopefuly that confidence will return along with the speed that he had in WSB .  I say he is doing the right thing getting 100% fit and Good luck to him on his return 

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

wait until he is fit ?

Yes I agree totally that he should not race until he is fit,That way no excuses no what if's or but's,Then it will be clear to all that the old Ben is not around anymore ,It's my guess he is not looking forward to that day either and I am sure he is in turmoil over his situation,Maybe a step back for Ben would be a step forward no one can question his WSB record no shame in trying to recapture his form there, if he can find the desire again only he knows the answer to that

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Best intrest of both parties

Best for Ben and Ducati  to come to a understanding and part the 1 year contract now,Ducati needs the feedback to develop and they aint getting it and Ben certainly doesn't need to come back and ride round at the back of the pack on a satalite bike thats never done anything.

My ideal is after the rest of this season recovering in body and mind is for him to return next year heading a full on Suzuki attack.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

The old Ben Spies?

Do you mean the steady and and solid top five rider of the first couple of years, or the hopelessly outclassed crasher of last year, who blamed everyone but himself. A over hyped never will be if ever i saw one. A good rider? undoubtedly, A great rider? not in this life time

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

The old Ben Spies?

Do you mean the steady and and solid top five rider of the first couple of years, or the hopelessly outclassed crasher of last year, who blamed everyone but himself. A over hyped never will be if ever i saw one. A good rider? undoubtedly, A great rider? not in this life time

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Ben Spies is a motorcycle mistery. Much like Kenan Superglue. Ben kicked Ass in WSBK without going on to better things in MotoGp. While Cal, who wasn't verry good on the same Yamaha in Wsbk is verry good in MotoGp. Sofogulu is good at ridding a 600, and can do nothing on a 1000cc bike. Troy Corser has 2 World titles in WSBK, Nori Haga has 0. Yet Nori was by far the better rider when they were teammates on the R1. Max Biaggi wanted a factory Honda and Valentino went to Yamaha. Mr Furusawa inveted the crosplane inline 4 and Valentino finishend it off. My point is, the rider and the bike need to have some chemistry. Luca Cadalora, verry fast on a good bike! Verry slow 1 click off his Ohlins fork.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

The hypocrisy is comical..

Bless him..perhaps he should take the season off with his poorly shoulder..terrible injury that..don't want him hurting himself or others do we..?

Yet when RossI rode busted up through 2010, with a similar condition he said was more debilitating than a compound fracture leg break, there were scoffs and guffaws aplenty from the same gumbies making heartfelt excuses for Ben now.

When he rode the GP11 on his debut - as fast as he'd ridden the Yamaha the year before while winning - then said his shoulder was still weak from surgery and wasn't expected to re-gain full fitness and strength until later that year, there were howls of derision from a similar bunch of bitter, hating, orange fucko's.

If ol wosi had of come out with the same nancy boy shit you're pedalling now..he'd have been laughed out of town.

You ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

No credibility whatsoever.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Wosi, you think Rossi's injury was bad?..Two words for you..

Lactose intolerance!...

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

A motorcycle mystery I'll have to agree with that what happened last year who would have thought it. I still reckon once he gets back to full fitness he will be on the tail of his team-mate and the works Ducati riders and who knows what will happen after that maybe a works ride maybe replacing Hayden.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

CCB

Your great dislike of Spies for whatever reason is clouding your judgement.
Any rider that wins a WSB Championship the way he did is a great rider.
Every rider in Moto GP is a great rider!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle