Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies vows to repay Ducati faith MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies vows to repay Ducati faith

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies vows to repay Ducati faith

Ben Spies has vowed to reward Ducati’s faith in him by returning to the form that at one time seemed destined to see him challenge for the MotoGP world championship. The injury-ravaged Texan is unlikely to return to action until the Indianapolis round in mid-August while he continues the long and gruelling process of recovering from a severe right shoulder injury...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 June 2013 15:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jewels

Nov 09

jewels says:

jewels

Another WSB champion going down the PAN,on a 2nd rate Ducati,my god they know how to keep the bills paid.best of luck,[i like the guy feel sorry 4 him]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Wosi, are you completely mad?..

That's a big job you're discussing - those bad boys have snow on their lower slopes, they block out the sun, men have died trying!... For god's sake man, handle with care..

Reply to this Topic
MO62

Jan 09

MO62 says:

What a waste of talent..

Sadly for Mr Spies, he has 2 additional mouths to feed, Big Tom & Momma Belle, poor lads just under instructions, a new sick note from Momma will be issued soon though have no fear!!!! Dear Mr Domenicalli, Just to let you know my young son Benjamin will not be in today,,,, give him another 3 month sabbatical mind .. What an absolute tragedy, he's obviously a huge talent, he'll need rescuing from the Duke, if he is carrying any fear of further injury he'll be riding that thing at 90% and no more, maybe Suzuki could snap him back up on a pay per ride basis, bet his shoulder would miraculously heal up then....... What a waste of talent...

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I have my fears on Spies but hope he does return to the paddock. I'll say it again IMO he made a bad choice going to Ducati when there was a better option the BMW Factory WSBK ride.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Repay with what ?

He can't give what he no longer has,That is the fire in his belly and the nothing matters but results attitude he had when he came to moto gp,Lets not forget his pre injury results nor his pre Ducati days, he has underperformed for a good while and I just can't see that changing,I don't know what it is maybe he has a comfortable lifestyle now or whatever, but he won't be back on fire he is shot and it's over in motogp for Spies

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

The procrastinater

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I think you mis-read that one CBR11X

"I don't want to be hurt" as in I do not want to race hurt and be unable to give 100% is the way I read this. Taking the man at face value he sounds motivated to return fit and strong - hours every day in the gym and with physio back this up. Then let's see what, if anything, he can do on the Duke. Perhaps a good time to sit out 2013 as Ducati are still running the cul-de-sac Rossi GP12.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

the fact is

its a bad injury, the type that forced foggy to retire, so good on you ben keep going and we will see you indianapolis(maybe)

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

wsbk

Ben needs to go back to wsbk. those bike's suits his style pretty well. elbows out and go go go. not this milimeter  precision bikes.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Lose lose situation

Ben could race hurt and wobble around in the back and look like a tit getting beat by his rookie teammate and Esparago on a CRT or sit out like he is now and look like a waste of a seat. Neither is an ideal situation. Best to sit out until healthy then race hurt, crash a bit more and get hurt some more or possibly injure someone else.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices