Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies vows to repay Ducati faith MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies vows to repay Ducati faith

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies vows to repay Ducati faith

Ben Spies has vowed to reward Ducati’s faith in him by returning to the form that at one time seemed destined to see him challenge for the MotoGP world championship. The injury-ravaged Texan is unlikely to return to action until the Indianapolis round in mid-August while he continues the long and gruelling process of recovering from a severe right shoulder injury...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 June 2013 15:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
WillRTW

May 13

WillRTW says:

Everything is relative (2)....

Yes, he is a great rider if he rode next to me, or maybe even you Buell... and yes he was a great rider in AMA and even to a big degree in WSB (although I don't actually don't think the field was that strong at the time, but winning first time out on tracks he had never seen was pretty 'great').

However, he is not a great rider in the MotoGP paddock... end of, and nor are most of the others.

Are they great at riding a bike, yes without doubt, and are they a gazillion times better than me, without a f&*king doubt.

But that doesn't make them great in the relative terms of where they ply their trade.

Georgyboy, Pugwash, Pensioner Rossi and Fun Fishing Stoner are recent great riders... but Ben doesn't come remotely close.

PS didn't mention Mad Marc cos it is still too early to say great, although I suspect we will be quite shortly :)

Reply to this Topic
ichabod

Jan 09

ichabod says:

Spies..who?

Yes, he had his days, the fact remains that he is only a "Has Been" no matter how much he vows to repay Ducati, the sooner they cut him loose the better for everybody....not worth occupying a seat with a lot of young talents around that would do much better and seem to be hungrier.

Nothing personal, just stating reality.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

ichabod

Yes, he had his days, the fact remains that he is only a "Has Been"

---------------------------------------------

For sure his MotoGp career has slumped/plummeted/disappeared......................................But he has a winning trophy somewhere at home. Very few 'has beens' can say that.

And yeah, I agree with your stance regarding someone not worthy of occupying a seat with a lot of young, hungry talent around.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Gotta admit he is not the rider he was when he made his debut on the Tech 3 that's the Ben Spies we all want to see I just can't believe how Yamaha treated him right near the end which lead him into quitting the factory team that's what I am more pissed off about.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

And yeah, I agree with your stance regarding someone not worthy of occupying a seat with a lot of young, hungry talent around.

Locked and loaded!!!!...

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

It's not the first time an SBK champion has crossed over just to be chewed up and spat out. It's a shame, but that's the way it goes. The only effective training ground for MotoGP riders seems to be/have been Moto3/125 and Moto2/250. The smaller classes provide enough stepping stones for a rider to acclimate to the stiff and precise protype bikes. SBK bikes may have engines close to the MotoGP bikes, but the frames, geometry, brakes and tyres are completely different. Enough variables to make the jump extremely difficult.

I hope the guy recovers soon and gets to ride around a bit before he gets turfed. I still think the best way to recover quickly is to get back on  a bike and race, not for a win, but enough to get the muscles and nerves back into the swing of things. No amount of gym work and physio can replicate the sensation of crouching and racing.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Two year deal with Ducati I assume then he will take Hayden's place in 2014 if offered I hope he takes it.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices