Skip to content

Discuss This So, what now for Guy Martin's TT dreams? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > So, what now for Guy Martin's TT dreams?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

So, what now for Guy Martin's TT dreams?

Guy Martin went into his 2013 TT campaign with big hopes, still chasing that sought-after win, but left having barely made an impression, and with a best finish of 4th. So what now for the truck mechanic-cum-racer? Is it time to hang up the leathers and move on? Or has he still got a win left in him?  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 June 2013 16:38)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

No Cigar

When tracking the senior and seeing him do a 131mph first lap I thought there was a chance but absolute rubbish pit stops (not even in the top 10) completely destroyed any chances he has. How can Tyco call themselves a top team when they are 10 seconds slower at each stop than McGuinness. pathetic.

Not sure where Guy goes from here as I dont see Tyco continuing his ride with the performances he is giving. Anstey had a lul like this and Tyco sacked him as well.

Now I like Guy and he is the first name I look for when the results go up, but if he is going to win anything then it may well be in the lightweight or TTZero because he has no hope in any of the other classes judging by his current performance and will to win.

At the other end of the scale, Dunlop needs to calm down a bit as he is riding at 11 tenths and will be in serious trouble soon if he doesn't level off.

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

im sure a win will come if he leaves Suzuki

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

MCN

Would like to see your 2-bit test riders do a 131+ lap of the mountain course!! He's a legend!

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I don't think he should stop

just because he's not winning. Having said that, I don't think he's gonna win one unless he changes his approach. New team, different/better bike and a more professional attitude would go a long way to making that happen in my opinion.

I don't think all the hype and cameras that surrounded Guy a few years back did him any favours either.

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

An Accident Of Birth

Guy Martin is simply unlucky enough to be a TT competitor at the same time as some very capable road racers. He may never win a TT, or he just might but he's done a lap at over 130 mph and I for one would prefer it if he were still around to tell his grandchildren about it. Winner or not, he's still one of the most sought after people in the paddock.

Reply to this Topic
ducatigav

Feb 10

ducatigav says:

fook trucks off & go pro to win

the fact is he not race fit body or mind  in my view he only dose a few races a year if he bothers to show up in past years when he was in bsb or doing a lot more races he was pushing for a win just look at mcg,dunlop or gary there doing a lot more racing be that short curicuit or road racing the only way to be race/bike fit is to race maybe time to endurance race or supersport in bsb and fook the trucks off and go pro for a year whats a year off the tools to win a TT 

Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Guy Martin

If you look at past recent winners of the TT you'll see certain similarities. Honda always do well with kawasaki and yamaha pipping them occassionally. I like suzuki and really want them to win but they nearly always seem to just miss out at the hghest levels of road racing competition. I do believe that Guy could win a TT race (face facts he's not far off now) but he needs a change of bike and to better prepare for the race.

Dunlop has improved significantly with more race time on the bike on short circuit and endurance racing. I suspect that Guy would have to nuckle down in a similar fashion to get the top step in the future

Reply to this Topic
beanster64

Aug 06

beanster64 says:

Guy Martin

Get a Honda, nuff said

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

I don't think he'll be the "nearly man" forever. Hopefully, everything will click for him one day and he'll get the TT win he deserves. He's up against some bloody talented riders, but his own talent shouldn't be underestimated. Perhaps a bit less PR / telly work would give the focus he needs. He's certainly got the balls to attack the Island course, bloody good luck to him!!!!

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

Suzuki

I agree with those saying he needs to get off the Suzuki. I don't believe it's a race winning bike. But back to the poll..... What a stupid bloody question. He may never win a TT but why does that mean he should retire? Retire when you stop trying not before

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices