Skip to content

Discuss This So, what now for Guy Martin's TT dreams? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > So, what now for Guy Martin's TT dreams?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

So, what now for Guy Martin's TT dreams?

Guy Martin went into his 2013 TT campaign with big hopes, still chasing that sought-after win, but left having barely made an impression, and with a best finish of 4th. So what now for the truck mechanic-cum-racer? Is it time to hang up the leathers and move on? Or has he still got a win left in him?  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 June 2013 16:38)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
muddy686

Aug 11

muddy686 says:

I like Guy.  Can't understand half of what he says, but he's a good lad. I feel this poll is a bit disingenuous to him.  He's come at a time when McGuinness, Dunlop and (an uninjured) Hutchinson are at their prime which is a difficult prospect at the best of times!  By your reckoning MotoGp should have a grid of 4 riders? 

Hes entertaining to watch on and off the bike, almost Sheenesque in a northern way, talented.  Hes what the sport needs.  I believe he has the most podiums without a TT win?  And lets not forget his track record at the NW200 and in particular the Oliver's Mount Gold Cup.  He may win one, he may not, but it isnt time to hang up the leathers yet!

Reply to this Topic
albert88

Jan 10

albert88 says:

TT

really missed the point there boys, how come you printed a piece about your staffer Adam Child having a wobble round then if winnings everything?

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Character

Guy Martin is the TT.

A bloke who relishes testing himself against the most dangerous challenge that exists in motorsport.

Only Guy will know when its time to call it a day.

What MCN thinks of Guy or his achievements is entirely irrelevant.

As for what I think:

Can he win one?

I doubt it.

Should he stop trying?

Hell no.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Dear "MCN" author

If you're going to engage in facile trolling and cowardly sniping, have the common decency to put a name to it.

Reply to this Topic
edmundolf

Jul 06

edmundolf says:

sometimes

MCN you can be a right bunch of twats.

Reply to this Topic
bigbull

Jun 09

bigbull says:

Dear MCN

You have achieved your objective alright my the number of comments left already over Guy.

Everyone wishes him to continue its the best for the sport.

He is one of the best talents around in road racing and tops the poll for his comments.

Long may he continue to race be a sad loss without him.

Reply to this Topic
RegTidy

May 12

RegTidy says:

I like Guy and hope he continues, BUT I want to hear a lot less of the "I'm just a truck mechanic" bollox and a lot more "I'm a feckin' road racer hear me roarrrrrrr!". Also he should forget all the merchandising and telly shows and just sort his head out. And yeah, crap poll. But it creates views which in turn creates ad revenue so what do you expect for a free site?

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

I'm pretty much guessing Guy doesn't have much of a choice or even think about it, its in his system and he'll keep banging his head against the wall till one of them caves in............   you race to win, if not your just going around in circles.

Reply to this Topic
chriswren

Jul 09

chriswren says:

I'm pretty much guessing Guy doesn't have much of a choice or even think about it, its in his system and he'll keep banging his head against the wall till one of them caves in............   you race to win, if not your just going round in circles.

Reply to this Topic
harrythebike

Jun 13

harrythebike says:

If every rider who had not won a race/was never likely to, decided not to turn up to the Island every year, we would be left with about 7 riders in each race. As long as Guy turns up there will be media interest beyond the diehard motorcycling press and that is exactly what the TT needs.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices