Skip to content

Discuss This So, what now for Guy Martin's TT dreams? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > So, what now for Guy Martin's TT dreams?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

So, what now for Guy Martin's TT dreams?

Guy Martin went into his 2013 TT campaign with big hopes, still chasing that sought-after win, but left having barely made an impression, and with a best finish of 4th. So what now for the truck mechanic-cum-racer? Is it time to hang up the leathers and move on? Or has he still got a win left in him?  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 June 2013 16:38)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DOCTIRED

Oct 06

DOCTIRED says:

Guy Martin

Somebody has to come fourth, I wish Guy as much well as any other contender. I hope we will see him win in his turn through skill and not just John McGuinness' retirement

On a personal basis I find his jabbering irritating and I am sad that he seems to think of himself as a "Working class Hero" surrounded by the privileged. I have watched him ride on the island feet away on many occasions and I think he has the ability to win. He has also the tendency to try to break his own neck a bit too often and I worry he will die trying before he is ready. That would be a great loss, but no more than any of the guys and gals who have the bravery to step up to the plate at the TT. Bless them all and those who work so hard to marshal and organise this absolutely unique and precious event.

See You next year, Yours on the 37.75mile tarmac altar of worship.

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Go back

and assess what he did and how he did it. Then asses what John McGuiness and Michael Dunlop have done and how they did it. The look to see what the differences are and work out a path to bridge the gap / difference. Obviously, it's not 'that' simple, but a rational approach needs to be taken. Absolutely convinced he has the talent and speed on the Island. Just a case of getting everything aligned - machine / head / motivation......and a little luck.

Reply to this Topic
NoddieGee

Jan 13

NoddieGee says:

WHAT!

I'm VERY disappointed that MCN would dare to come up with such an insulting poll!!! What right does has MCN have to judge Guy's or anyone's future at that. If everyone had to give up based on such shallow polls we'd only have a 2 man race John and Michael ... The next poll should be to see if we agree to the fact that MCN has become too big for it's boots!

Reply to this Topic
r1stevie

Oct 08

r1stevie says:

guy

fast smoth but lets face it a honda legends ride is what will get guy a ride honda are the tt

Reply to this Topic
DOLOMITE73

May 12

DOLOMITE73 says:

it's a POLL...people

Why the hate for MCN? They're asking for your opinion, not stating theirs...yeesh.. Anyway as for Martin, seems to me he could win but as has been pointed out he is up against some very talented, focused, professional racers with serious team support. Riding talent alone won't be enough as the Rossi/Ducati disaster showed. Good luck to him and as long as he feels he's up for it, go for it.

Reply to this Topic
bob the builder

Feb 03

you one thing, he kept to himself this year, we were in the paddock on monday and wednesday, didnt see him at all.

All quiet , no cameras following him like the last few years, has he lost the Edge!! after his big crash.

All the hype of ,"you can die round here" that what excites me" Maybe has finally hit him

Maybe he now knows he can die and has backed off slightly,who knows.

he is a character, which motorcycle racing  needs, otherwise it would be boring. with all those factory ponces, strutting their stuff. like F1.saying the political answers to all questions.

Guy just says it like it is, straight and true. Brookes too.

he has done well out of his programmes, appearances all over, and racing.

I wish he wouldnt keep going on about being a poor truck mechanic, have you ever seen a poor truck mechanic drive an Aston Martin??

dont get me wrong he`s worked hard for it, but please dont keep rubbing our noses in the poor bit.

If he had the chance of a works Honda, would he be competitive??? time will tell if Honda gives him a ride.

Watch this space.

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

I want to see him back on a Honda and I think that could make the difference. I know he's been on Hondas before but I feel he's just not quite right at Suzuki and was very competitive on the Craig Wilson bike.

Reply to this Topic
yaki

Apr 13

yaki says:

Guy needs a hair cut and a helmet that fits the chin bar is to high up his face apart from that he does not have the killer instinct needed to win ,treats it more like a sunday ride out with the lads.

Reply to this Topic
scratchnsniff24

Mar 11

2010?

Did he not nearly win in 2010? Were it not for that 30 second penalty for going 0.12, or whatever it was, over in the pit lane? Get him back on the Honda and he might be in with a better chance, I reckon.

Everybody loves an underdog. Especially a charismatic underdog

I'd sooner die doing something I loved than in a hospital with a grey face and a tube up my nose...

Reply to this Topic
bellstaffe

Mar 08

bellstaffe says:

He could start with elocution lessons as could most of the riders who rattle or prattle at lightning speed in impenetrable dialects. John McGuinness and the New Zealanders are clear speakers but the Northern Irish guys and Guy Martin remind me of a 'Harry and Paul' sketch.  Rossi and Lorenzo are easier to understand and they don't have English as a first language.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices