Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha's new MT-09 850cc triple - love it or hate it? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Yamaha's new MT-09 850cc triple - love it or hate it?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Yamaha's new MT-09 850cc triple - love it or hate it?

Yamaha's new long-promised triple 850cc machine has finally broken cover, and its looks are sure to be as controversial as its powerplant. What's your take on it? Already pre-ordered one or do you detest it?  

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (11 June 2013 16:46)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Crazy World...

I can't believe how many voted and said they loved this design.

Maybe i'm too used or enamoured toward designs like the Ducati 916 and Yamaha's own FJ1100/1200 where it's actually a plain and simple but clever design where everything fits into place, and the outcome is classic.

I even rate Yamaha's own TDM900 over this MT09 mess. It may have a good motor and it may even be a great bike but the style, it scares me to just think about buying one, because i know i'd have to be out of my mind to do it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

snev

McDonalds, have 34000 restaurants in 119 countries they sell to 68000000 customers each day and employ 1700000 people.... yep...... "doesn't mean shit"

You have to be wrong - I mean people cannot eliminate all the waste product from eating by sweating and urination alone.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

How does "indifferent" towards it sound? 

Reply to this Topic
tim8061

Apr 10

tim8061 says:

STRESSED

No wonder you are, the question is do you love it or hate it, not do you want everyone to love it or hate it.

Personally I think the FJ1100 looks like a Panzer and the TDM looks like it came from the Ark. I wouldn't touch either with a barge pole but that's just me.

Are you 105 yrs old by any chance :)

Reply to this Topic
Room101

Oct 12

Room101 says:

magnolia paint

Love and Hate are emotions, I’ve tried hard, but ‘emotional’ is not something I can feel about this bike.

Reply to this Topic
MotorcycleExtremist

May 13

Flawed Design!

The red version looks a bit better for the US, but the grey/graphite version is far far better for Europe! How can anyone in their right mind think that mixing a grey colored body with gold colored fork stanchions, and then for some ungodly reason slapping on a pair of freaking "blue" colored rims is a good idea? It looks absolutely horrendous! Gold forks on a bike not otherwise color matched is as ugly as sin to begin with, but mixing that up with grey and blue is beyond all sense of visual appeal, quite the contrary, it's plain revolting! Beyond that the "micro" gas tank is a huge mistake, no center-stand, and not even offering the "option" of ABS in the states is unforgivable.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Meh

Why does the poll lack an indifferent option?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices