Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha MT-09 Launch Video New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Yamaha MT-09 Launch Video

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN Staff  says:

Yamaha MT-09 Launch Video

Yesterday, Yamaha announce their all-new 850cc street-focused triple, the MT-09. It’s an all-new naked middleweight designed specifically for the European market with a brand-new 850cc transverse three-cylinder engine, upright riding position, distinctive styling – and a hugely attractive price tag of just £6799. Yamaha took the unusual step of publicly admitting at the 2012 Cologne motorcycle show it wasn’t doing enough to bring...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (12 June 2013 12:58)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bebobobob

May 10

Bebobobob says:

Sound?

the best thing they could have done is used the engine note.........

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

huh...?

Sound.... what about the video?.... Got neither.....

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Would have been better if we could actually see the bike! IMO it does nothing to promote sales of this bike! Its more of an insight into Japanese nightlife.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Well that's not very PC

now is it.....Street Racing, Wheelies, Dark tunnels and Black visors. Wonder if it'll live up to all that hype?....Nah, I think not.

Reply to this Topic
robk321

Jun 11

robk321 says:

mpg anyone?

Ive just read in MCN 48 mpg and a 14 litre tank!!!

I just switched off after that.

For many motorcycling is becoming an ever increasingly expensive hobby. Honda and BMW are on to this Yamaha have seriously missed the boat here with a brand new engine, and Triumph have got work to do too.

COME ON MANUFACTURERS !! Its time for performance and 60-70mpg! 

Reply to this Topic
HIVIS

Jun 13

HIVIS says:

Waste of time

You look at a video and expect to see some thing of the bike. You get a load of dark shots and no detail. Is this supposed to make me what to find out more There wasn't enough there to rouse my interest, what a waste time.

I also agree with robk123 about the tank capacity and fuel consumption.

Reply to this Topic
kpjwateridge

Apr 11

kpjwateridge says:

All that is demonstrated is the bike is reasonably small, lightweight and apparently quite agile. Just like other lightweight 600-800 roadster out there. Personally not seeing where this "revolutionary" new bike is doing anything revolutionary. Agreed on the fuel consumption and tank. My late 90's 900 can achieve 45/47mpg, a modern 650 should be doing FAR above that.

Reply to this Topic
easytargets

Jul 09

easytargets says:

ooh err

I hope the bike understands the market better than the video director did.

Reply to this Topic
vanandy

Feb 12

vanandy says:

Pile of $£%!

Utter piece of crap bike that only a knob would pay good money for.

You don't need all this sales crap to sale a quality bike, a good photo in a real world location would sale, but first you need a quality bike.

Reply to this Topic
Momo1970

Jul 11

Momo1970 says:

The main message here is Japan (or in this case Yamaha) dropping their politically correct clean image. We should expect real naked bikes contenders of ST, Duke, Tuonno, and perhaps Supermoto bikes as well. Consider big single SM derived from YZ450 to finally face KTM SM....? Now that would be the day! Hell with MPG, if this your criteria buy scooter.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices