Skip to content

Discuss This Bike chooser: Funky 125s General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Bike chooser: Funky 125s

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Bike chooser: Funky 125s

In the latest Bike Chooser series, MCN have looked at some of the quirkiest 125s on the market. If you are a learner looking for a small bike with a bit of an edge then here is a list of some of our favourites. We’ve also included some insurance prices to help you find the bike that is most affordable...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 June 2013 09:49)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ChristoT

Nov 12

ChristoT says:

Yes, but....

I've said before, that I consider the Varadero 125 to be grossly underestimated. It's one of the few 125s that looks, and feels like a 650 (its design drew heavily from the Transalp 650), and the V twin provides good torque, and power all the way up to the 14.7hp limit - something the single cylinders rarely get near. Fuel economy - aggressive town riding still gave 70mpg on the 04 model I had.

Also, that's the only 125 I've seen that I would feel comfortable on doing long distances - mine went to France and back down the M3, whilst grossly overladen!

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

+1 to the Verydearo

I know a chap who goes through six or seven bikes a year, and currently chooses to commute on his Varadero over his R1. Or you could get the Gilera, in which case I'll see you in the Workshop section over at bikechatforums soon - BE SURE TO USE CAPS SO THAT WE KNOW WHAT YOU BOUGHT.

Reply to this Topic
bikerdezzie

Jan 06

bikerdezzie says:

Wheres the msx 125, there selling like hotcakes? I have one and the americans getting them soon and also going crazy for them!

Reply to this Topic
kpjwateridge

Apr 11

kpjwateridge says:

Have to agree with the Varadero posts

While I've not myself ridden one, I've owned a Honda Shadow 125 that shares a lot of mechanics. Bullet proof, properly reliable and powerful engine for its capacity all in a modern, flickable and solid frame like that of a Varadero...what could be better? My shadow was a bit of a lardy bike for a 125 but the Varadero would be the ideal bike for anyone wanting a 125 worth its salt.

Reply to this Topic
Dav3H

Jan 11

Dav3H says:

I have to say the Van Van is a great bike. It does evertything, even green laning. I even went to Dubrovnik on mine last year.

It's also got a great dedicated at forum www.suzukivanvan.co.uk.

BTW it will do a lot better than 65mpg, 100mpg is easily achievable.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Funky 125?

Has to be a Sachs Madass, doesn't get any funkier than that.

Reply to this Topic
FellRaven

Apr 10

FellRaven says:

Van Van ?

I road one of these on my CBT, it's a hateful machine, when would any sane person buy one, unless they intended to ride on a beach.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices