Skip to content

Discuss This Cal Crutchlow aiming for podium hat-trick MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Cal Crutchlow aiming for podium hat-trick

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Cal Crutchlow aiming for podium hat-trick

Cal Crutchlow admits he faces a massive task to claim a third successive MotoGP rostrum in Catalunya on Sunday, with Spanish trio Jorge Lorenzo, Dani Pedrosa and Marc Marquez all gunning for glory on home soil. Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider Crutchlow became the first British rider since Ron Haslam in 1987 to score back-to-back MotoGP podiums when he followed up...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 June 2013 18:06)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

,05 from the leader and .4 faster than Rossi.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

ive lost count thicko

of how many countless days and nights you have spent online on how many different sites??? yes i cant count how many profiles you have had either, does this make any sense to you or do you actually think this counts as real life?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

At which point in what MCN have reported above does Crutchlow dismiss Rossi.

Stop making it up, the reasons are fairly transparent

The 27-year-old said while it would be great to continue his record-breaking exploits he conceded it will be hard to defeat the Spanish trio in their own backyard, particularly with Valentino Rossi’s impressive pedigree at the Catalunya track too putting him in the mix too.

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

Cal is in line for fourth on current form.

Dovi will qualify well but drop off in the race on current form.

Rossi will qualify badly and either bin it or finish in the top 5 on current form.

Jorge will be fighting with Mark and Dani for the win on current form.

Cal might finish 3rd if Mark, Dani or Jorge crash, Mark most likely on current form.

our feelings, opinions and bigotry will count for nought as we're not riding the bikes and wishing with all your heart for a miracle won't make it happen, if it did Cal would not only be leading the WC by now, he would be have absolutely no serious competition(my miracle).

Herve isn't looking to Pol, his preferred choice is Cal right now but Pol didn't self destruct until the start of this season after already being touted for the Tech3 Ride under factory control so Yamaha are probably thinking of changing tack and sign Cal instead (the days of the rider upsetting the Japanese sense of inscrucability are loooooooooooong gone, they are into success and money like the rest of us) and who could blame them, they want a tryer with the possibility of becoming a winner, not a bottler who needs big bro to mop his furrowed brow at every turn and still ride like Poo.

this is as much a money WC as a sport and Cal is "in" at the moment, Pol is "out", politics is all that can stop Cal being on a factory supported Yam next year, we all know it whether it fits our bigotry or proclivities or not.

sorry, tough sport, tough guys, weak bottlers don't get on but this could all change this weekend.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Come on Rev, there's not much to distort in terms of a report here.

As far as I recall, he hasn't been 'disrespectuful' to Rossi in any of his sometimes colourful and bewidering interviews. Just because he has the three Spanish riders down as favourites for this (and any other) race? Who hasn't?

Based upon pre-season tests and his results so far, he must have the self belief that he can compete with Rossi for a finishing position of probably 4th or 5th and why not? He's beaten him fairly on two occasions and may well have had the pace to have done it again at Mugello but we'll never know about that one. Similarly Rossi has beaten him twice on fair terms.

All he's saying is that based upon current form and machinery, the three Spaniards are generally untouchable ut he has the belief that he can beat the rest which includes Rossi. Believing you can beat someone isn't being disrespectful, regardless of their current or past achievements

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

i can't see that any of the top riders are "dissing" each other.

i remember Foggy naming his pigs after Colin Edwards and some of his comments about Slight, Russel etc. would end up in court nowadays.

i'm looking forward to a good race on Sunday and if Cal wins, comes 2nd, 3rd or 4th or even crashes, like every other rider he's there doing his day job and i respect him and all the others for it.

Reply to this Topic
gixanator

May 13

gixanator says:

good summation of the situation Bulto.

i think he's expecting at least a 4th with possibly better if one of the 3 aliens has a bad day.

if he didn't i'd say he's underestimating his current form.

having said that this might be the start of Rossis season and Cal gets 5th.

that's what makes this year so juicy, forget the aliens, they're away with it, the real fights are down the field and it isn;t a bad field to watch a fight in!

bring it on.

Reply to this Topic
simondick76

Jan 09

simondick76 says:

Taking bets

Crutchlow ends up on his arse in quali!!! Any takers?? Haha

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

simondick76

It's almost inevitable, no doubt in blame it on hay fever again.

Reply to this Topic
toadhancocks

Oct 10

toadhancocks says:

cruthlow didnt stack it and ended up 2nd, humple pie, any takers??

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices