Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati urged to try radical revamp of Desmosedici MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati urged to try radical revamp of Desmosedici

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati urged to try radical revamp of Desmosedici

Ducati has been urged to consider a radical revamp of its factory Desmosedici MotoGP contender after Andrea Dovizioso and Nicky Hayden were left completely underwhelmed by a latest test on the Bologna factory’s experimental ‘lab’ bike in Mugello recently. The revised Desmosedici offers barely any improvement on the current GP13 that Dovizioso and Hayden are racing in MotoGP and once again...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (13 June 2013 18:09)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

oh god here we go again

wosi casey was and proved he was fast on both the ducati and honda by wuinning and titles to prov it where all toehrs have failed(on the duke i mean), what records and stats dont prove that??? facts are this bike has not won since the hands of the man that is casey stoner and wont if someone does not push it to its limit it wont ever do thi i feel hate it or love it these are facts, hayden wont as he is done and settled for pay checks and so called development tasks,and dovi is now going down that same road,ducati only gets htese headlines in hope not reality since casey quit the team,new blood is needed and dovi clearer as cool and calm as he is,just dont cut it and as a cal fan i hope he does not jump ship in hope too.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Wosi, don't go opening the 'tyres' can-of-worms, because I remember one champion at least, who would sometimes underperform during practice and qualifying, yet  'miraculously' find race form after overnight specials were cooked for him. You hate Stoner, we f@cking get it.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Custom tyres, seamless shift gearbox... short memory eh Wosi?

Stoner never had custom tyres, they were common to all ducati team riders along with Suzuki among others, just because Flossi developed Michelin into oblivion, telling fibs won't make it true. For true custom tyres, Flo is your man.

And Wosi, I don't remember the seamless box winning ANYONE else a championship my friend, must be his silver bullet or just dead lucky eh?

btw, I'm still concerned on your fixation with any mention of the ex-rider Stoner, the tiniest reference really sets you off doesn't it? There were several other significant points of reference as options for you to choose an answer but you still took the softcock option to deploy the smokescreen you so desperately rely on.

As a part timer, my main job here is to neutralise some of the bullshit encrusted stench you leave the rest of us wading in. You contribute a lot but it only takes a brief moment for someone to expose you as the charlatan you are, no wonder you gravitate to the Liberace of motoGP.

Cheers mate.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Tyres..

We all know Ducati had a massive advantage with Bridgestone custom built tyres back in 2007, plus about 40bhp too.

Stoner fell apart in 2008, like one of the cheap watches Schwantz sold to Kocinski, when Rossi got the same tyres.

Gobmeier confirms it here..

During the three years after his 2007 MotoGP championship, Stoner won fewer races and lost the front end without warning more times. There were other changes beside the frame; Stoner’s championship was won on Bridgestone tires designed specifically for the Ducati, not the same-for-everybody-spec Japanese rubber of recent years.

“We have to adapt the bike to this specific tire configuration, which is very hard,” said Gobmeier. “Normally, the issues that we have [mid-corner understeer], Bridgestone could solve in two weeks. Easily. With no problem.”

Sadly, the spec-tire rule prohibits the production of Ducati tires for Ducatis, Honda tires for Hondas. One tire for all. “We’re spending,” said Gobmeier, “let’s say, a hundred times the money, a thousand times the money, in order to fix what they could fix at no cost within two weeks.”

Blame everybody else why doncha..

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/06/06/bernhard-gobmeier-ducati-corse-general-manager/

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

BB/Wosi...

I think it's safe to say they all had custom tyres... it used to take 2 weeks to solve a specific problem for anyone using Bridgestones (which ain't much use if you left the circuit you had the problem at 2 weeks earlier)... the solution was available overnight if you rode for Yamaha.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

There is nothing incorrect in my previous statement, Stoner NEVER had the luxury of rider specific tyres, it was a well known fact well before you have misunderstood Gobmeiers comment to suit your own vague recollection of how DORNA forced bridgestone to redirect their design towards their new public representative targets needs...

one Mr. Valentooslo Flossi which within 3 months put ALL other maufacturers on the back foot as old spec tyres ran out. Do your fucking homework Wosi, I swear you're getting sillier and more desperate by the day.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Hahaha Wosi

bait your hook   cast your line  and  reel 'em in  -      classic.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Speaking of silly...

Another tool with his own version of history.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Heresy

To suggest that Rossi and Burgess didn't leave Ducati with the absolute perfect machine after all those frames, swingarms, engines, electronics and money ... oh so much money.

Adding an extra 30% to Rossi's self-confessed 70% efforts, clearly they had turned it into the best machine out there ... perhaps ever.  Effectively, an extra two World Championships for Ducati and Rossi right there.

And they want to throw all that genius all away?  Madness.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

My apologies, Benny

I know how much this banter means to you.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices