Skip to content

Discuss This Motorcyclists can join POLITE force General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Motorcyclists can join POLITE force

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell   says:

Motorcyclists can join POLITE force

Motorcyclists have been told they can legally wear a high-visibility vest that resembles police uniform. The yellow bibs have the word ‘polite’ printed on the back in large capital letters, along with a strip of blue-and-white crosshatching similar to designs traditionally worn by police. Cyclists in London already wear them to get drivers to give them more space, after Met...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 June 2013 13:15)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DrWorm

Jul 11

DrWorm says:

I've seen..

Ha ha ha.  They always make me smile when I see them.

I've seen horse riders near me wearing them and from a distance is does make you look twice but the moment you get closer and call upon your power of reading it's clear what it says.  It's the same line of thought as the people you see on Pan Euros with the day-glo & cross hatching paint scheme to make it look like plod etc.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

That's mightly generous of him

Police Act 1996 S90 (2) quoth: "Any person who, not being a constable, wears any article of police uniform in circumstances where it gives him an appearance so nearly resembling that of a member of a police force as to be calculated to deceive shall be guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 3 on the standard scale."

I make that 2 out of 3.  The intent clearly is to deceive, otherwise it would say "READ YOUR HIGHWAY CODE YOU SPACKER" (or perhaps "CAREFUL NOW").  It's technically not quite an article of "police" uniform though, so he's likely right that they wouldn't get a conviction.

Reply to this Topic
InTheRealWorld

Oct 11

Pan Euro wannabes

I see I was beaten to the reference to the idiots clogging up the roads on their 1990s Pan Euros. But they would love this to go with their stickered helmets

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

excelent

I used to have an old triumph jacket that had a similar reflective set to the police. It was fabulous when on an old pan. Never got cut up at all. So me, I love this idea.. I'll be buying one as soon as they're available.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

I mean, available for motorcycles..

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

I hope anyone getting knocked off whilst wearing one of these will let MCN know, because I don't believe for a minute they will make you totally safe on the roads. Even Police get knocked off bikes. I hope they don't lull people into a false sense of security because if some driver isn't paying attention, it won't matter what you are wearing. I would rather ride without any high vis and ride as defensively as I can. Its worked for the last 40 years anyway and you can't call that luck!!

Reply to this Topic
sizzler

May 06

sizzler says:

What next !

I remember the days when coppers looked like coppers , now we got bikers dressing up as cops ..great idea...spose if we all boughtt them then we would know who the cop was....he would be dressed in black and look like what a normal biker should  !!! amazing !!!  why not buy a video camera for each bike and send that in to the police,,,,another great idea !!! biking is going down hill

Think I will go to asda and buy a superman suit...I always wanted to pretend im a superhero....Amazing !!!!

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Do they

come in black?

Reply to this Topic
tman39a

Mar 08

tman39a says:

Nice but

£24.99 for a hi viz

Reply to this Topic
romford4

Oct 05

romford4 says:

I'd buy one

.............................. if I wanted to look like a right bell-end on my bike!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices