Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi fastest in Catalunya practice MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi fastest in Catalunya practice

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Valentino Rossi fastest in Catalunya practice

Valentino Rossi’s love affair with the Catalunya track near Barcelona continued today when then Italian topped the practice leaderboard to deny home heroes Jorge Lorenzo, Dani Pedrosa and Marc Marquez. The nine-times world champion has an incredible record at Catalunya with 10 MotoGP podiums, including six wins, and the 34-year-old shone in scorching hot conditions today. A best lap of 1.42.297 in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 June 2013 16:20)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
VeritasH

Apr 13

VeritasH says:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think J-Lo did use the Soft at one point? Hopefully this is a sign that Rossi has gone back to the drawing board and is going to work on his qualifying pace which has been sadly lacking this season. That said he's often been quick on the friday and failed to improve so the jury is definitely out. If Cal and Rossi can get in among the top 3 spaniards it should make for some great racing.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

The fastest lap times don't mean much when taken in isolation. Rossi's session variance in lap times was 4.54 seconds and Lorenzo's was a mere 1.56 seconds. If we remove one of Dani's laps, where he ran off the track and lost over 12 seconds, his variance was 2.66 seconds whilst the fast but dopey Bautista had an impressive 2.05 second variance. That's your top four for FP2. I expect those times to come down a bit today. Not much in it, so hopefully it should be a good race.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Fastest in FP2 on the soft rubber...

might as well give him the 25  points now.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

You know what Chumps..

..you just can't help yourselves as the bitterness comes bubbling to surface again and, Benny aside - who's just bitter at ol wosi because he's parcelled him up so many times - it always comes from the hard core Stoner fans who have been dumped and abandoned.

By and large, they haven't even got the balls to direct it at the man himself, who as Mister MotoGP, was largely responsible for Stoners spineless retirement..the deep-rooted cause of all this angst.

No..it's always directed at The Rossi Fans. Transient by nature and fly-by-night celebrity TV show watchers who don't have a thorough understanding of the sport like them.

I tell ya..it's almost had me in tears reading lately.

These fans of a 9 time champ - who is in his 18th year racing at WC level - have been turning up for years..buying tickets come rain or shine, going to the races as a vast "sea of yellow" at every single round.

Rossi hasn't won a race for nearly 3 years..yet still they spend their hard-earned and are by far the most visible contingent. Turning up in droves, unbowed, cheerful and ready to have some fun. Following bike racing.

#46ers are amongst THE most loyal sporting fans on the planet and I'd say those are the kind of fans any rider would be proud of and love to have. They support you whether you win or lose and they don't do it from a fkin armchair.

So..all you sad orange drongo losers, put the hankies away and quit your pathetic whinging. It's only showing you up for what you are and making you look bad.

It's water off a duck's back and your soppy blubbing ain't gonna change a thing..

..there there..deep breath..head up and shoulders back..feel better now? 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

The lady doth protest too much

" It's water off a duck's back"

So you'll write an essay to tell us how much you don't care.  Lol.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

..there's only one bunch of ladies front bottoms around this gaff bollock brain.

Protesting or telling it as it is?

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

"Protesting or telling it as it is?"

It's called "having a cry".  Water off a duck's back?  More like tears on the pillow.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

ooh-er

I'm truly gutted mate..tickled into submission by your orange feather duster.

..ribs aching, tears of laughter.

You're a heavy duty operator alright Tets.

Hahaha.. 

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Hehe

That's the spirit, tiger.  Don't let those anti-Rossi types get you down again, aiight?

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

No doubt

Wosi that Valentino has many fans, and deservedly so, and the best of luck, British or otherwise to them if they wish to celebrate his massive achievements, and catch him live whilst he is still around. It looks as though there may be a fair chance of reason for celebration of current events this weekend.

What on earth did he have to do with Stoner's retirement though? As I recall when he announced his retirement Stoner was the reigning world champion, leading the 2012 world championship whilst Rossi had finished 6th in the 2011 championship, undoubtedly handicapped by the bike etc etc but hardly intimidating for Stoner I would have thought.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices