Skip to content

Discuss This Suzuki will have to self-fund MotoGP project in 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Suzuki will have to self-fund MotoGP project in 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Suzuki will have to self-fund MotoGP project in 2014

Suzuki’s return to the MotoGP world championship is still not confirmed for next season, but what is certain is that the Japanese factory will have to finance its own two-rider works effort in 2014. Dorna unveiled new entry guidelines and future financial support for teams during meetings at the Catalunya track near Barcelona yesterday (Friday). And as was revealed by MCN earlier...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 June 2013 14:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Rules designed to penalise Suzuki

Now penalise everyone wanting to join the fun.

If I was actually paying for my tyres with actual money then I'd be on the phone to Bridgestone 24/7 enquiring about the development progress of a tyre I've poured fresh $$$s into. Might as well make them all pay for their tyres on this basis surely? The single tyre rule is about to be no more methinks.

Paying for freight? Asking DHL to sponsor you would be a better idea and make free freight part of the package.

As for no help from Dorna, is that really punishment?

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Leave it alone dorna

Dorna want other manufacturers & teams to come to moto gp & this is not the way to do it,,this is also a way to get Suzuki to take over an existing team slot.what really annoys me is the constant changing of the rules,honda wanted a no rookie in a works team rule,honda wanted 4 strokes, dajiro kato got killed ,honda wanted 800,s,couldn't get the bike to work & wanted to go back to 1000,seven in moto 2 honda got the chance to be sole engine supplier,can you imagine how competitive moo 2 would be with other engine suppliers.weve had more rule changes in 11 years than since the championchip started in 1949.dorna need to be more neutral & tell honda to shut up

Reply to this Topic
pacman1967

Mar 13

pacman1967 says:

How to discourage

teams from joining MotoGP.

I understand rewarding those who have stuck with the championship in difficult times. But if you were running a team, any team, it would make it you think twice about joining MotoGP.

As for "encouraging a higher level of performance" surely that's what all who race want?

I think Dorna seem more interested in creating a World tour for a Spanish Championship.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

Really?

I can't see why a private team would enter the championship with these rules let along give a factory team serious hesitation. Criss crossing the globe jumping from continent to continent paying your own fright is pretty stiff. From what I've read before, the sanction fees from Qatar (which they pay a premium for being the first race of the year) is used to pay the freight for the year anyway.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Fair enough..

Suzuki are major players with a long history in the sport.

But what I'd like to know, is exactly how much money are the big MSMA teams sucking out of the game by getting handouts they don't need, when some of that money could be going towards smaller IRTA outfits.

Maybe then we could have riders who deserve to be in GP getting paid, rather than wealthy or sponsorship rich lesser pilots buying seats.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

"Maybe then we could have riders who deserve to be in GP getting paid, rather than wealthy or sponsorship rich lesser pilots buying seats."

There you go opening another can of worms dog. I tend to agree with you though. I say put Espargaro on a Yamaha and get rid of the drift wood

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

GREED

How much money do DORNA actually make a year?. In Britain they have all ready narrowed the amount of  people who will watch MOTOGP by going exlusevley to BT. Big bucks in the short term but in the long term the sponsors will leave in droves. Now they expect new teams to fund all the costs them selves. What a joke.  I can see sooner or later a rival series will form and to me the sooner the better 

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Espargaro's Dad's got the fattest wallet in the paddock you numpty, why do you think Yamaha need him so much?

Somebody has to pay Rossi's wages..even if he's only he's only getting $22m this year..?

,,and worth every single penny I might add, young fella me lad..

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

I couldn't give two figs about Espargaro's dad's wallet. The young bloke's been making it into FP3 on a regular basis and he rides the wheels off a sub-standard bike to get there. Abraham's dad is a billionaire, he rode a satellite Ducati for years without success and the guy's simply a grid filler, so what does that prove? Relax! You've become a one track record whose needle's been stuck for over a year now. Too much stress isn't good. Breathe in..........Breathe out son. Stoner came, he beat Rossi fair and square, he refused to put up with the bullshit favouritism and posturings of goatboy and his lobotomised uncle with the endless rule changes, married a hot broad, started a family and decided, "f@ck this crap there are more important things in life". I know it's painful for you but you'll get over it. Peace!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

What rules?

Let's be honest Pal..you haven't got a clue about the rules, who makes them and how they influence proceedings.

Did you know, less than a third of the way into the season, both Factory Yamaha riders are on their 4th engine out of 5?

How are you going to feel about the sport if the championship is decided in pit lane?

Who the fuck do you think forced this stupid rule through and why Einstein?

No..I didn't think so.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices