Skip to content

Discuss This Catalunya MotoGP: Pedrosa smashes lap record for pole MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Catalunya MotoGP: Pedrosa smashes lap record for pole

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Catalunya MotoGP: Pedrosa smashes lap record for pole

Repsol Honda racer Dani Pedrosa will start his 200th Grand Prix from pole position tomorrow in Barcelona after blowing away Casey Stoner's 2008 lap record in Qualifying. Pedrosa set a lap of 1'40.893, the fastest ever two wheeled lap of the Catalunyan track. Cal Crutchlow was second, out-qualifying the factory of Yamahas of Lorenzo and Rossi for the first time this year,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 306 days ago (15 June 2013 15:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Great Lap

A great lap from the Admiral, he looked quite scary (for him) in the post session interview, very focused. It'll be between him and Jorge for the win although if he keeps that kind of pace up he'll be hard to catch.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Showing his class...

..and crapping at the door of the naysayers who said he didn't have it in him. Keep fit Dani boy and the championship could be yours...

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

I wouldn't write Marquez off

Dani seems to be going for the medium tyre for the race while Marquez did a lot of work on the hards.  That worked out well for Marquez the last time they were split like that.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Kudos to Dani

Brilliant lap. I never realised Stoner held the lap record as far back as 2008. Hell! That must have been on Preziosi's pipe frame Ducati. Food for thought Gobmeier. I reckon Ducati's first 'radical' change should be to abandon in its entirety the Rossi era input. Radical reversal required. Weld the pipes,start the CF autoclaves and send the alloy beam to the smelters.

All in jest. However, I do believe Ducati's only chance in GP rests within the ressurection of the tyre wars of old.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

I'm not writing him off

He'll do that himself.

I don't think he's quite ready to duke it out at full chat around Montmeló with George and The Admiral yet, he'll try no doubt but I think he'll fall short. I think he's more likely to bin it again than show an instant correction to his "error" at the previous race, dunno why, just a feeling, I think hitting v-max as quickly as he did may have a double edge.

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Dani pedrosa comes of age

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Another Hell

Hell..Yes. When last did we see 3 Italians occupy 3rd row 1,2,3 behind Spaniards and a Brit and a Yank.

Hope those Ducati's hit a stunning start launch and duff up proceedings for as long as Bridgestone rubber availed to them survives.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

showing serious speed now

is cal and maybe this so called non factory effort he is riding is now getting the media frenzy treatment and yamaha are gradually shifting wieght form rossi's team, i mean you dont hear him complaining do you??? maybe thats his job this year.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

200cc

Stoner's record was on an 800 so Pedrosa breaking it nothing too special.

If Stoner was still in MotoGP it would be a one horse race.

Rossi continues his dire run in qualy, maybe he should break out his old donkey helmet?

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Carefull..rlf3

We all know Stoner was 200cc shy back then by comparison. Really. You don't want to attract Wosi's attention,now do you? Electronics circa 2008 can't hold a candle to electronics circa 2013 and blah.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle