Skip to content

Discuss This No qualifying joy again for Valentino Rossi MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No qualifying joy again for Valentino Rossi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

No qualifying joy again for Valentino Rossi

Valentino Rossi’s bid for a second podium finish of 2013 in Catalunya tomorrow will start from the third row of the grid after the Italian’s difficulties in qualifying continued in scorching hot conditions today. Rossi’s hopes of boosting his rostrum hopes with a vastly improved qualifying performance ended when a lap of 1.41.959 left him only seventh on the grid. He was...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (15 June 2013 16:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Sick mind?

Forgive me if I think the worst of you Tetsumo, but you know, you've got previous with suspect posts on here. At least the last time you had some sort of brief pang of morality, and removed the post. Not today though, back to your usual backtracking, squirming self. What "real fan" sits and watches a race hoping a rider doesn't finish? Decent setup? You tit.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

Hehehe

"What "real fan" sits and watches a race hoping a rider doesn't finish?"

Not just "a" rider. We're talking about a rider who tries to bully other riders out of their hard-earned jobs.  I feel it's my duty.

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

But not a crash?

Just a DNF? And I guess no mechanical or tyre failure either 'cause he'd probably go and bully the mechanics? So you basically sit and watch each race hoping he pulls in at some point and quits? Well, you're thick as fuck; but persistent, I'll give you that. Enjoy the race thicko :-)

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

As long as you now understand the difference and don't shoot your mouth off like a retard, I'll take that as my service to this thread.  No charge for the education (that's my discount for hobos).

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Gravy Boat...

Looking more and more like Old Flo has been on the gravy train for longer than I thought!

He is really lost out there without the DORNA advantage, there's just too much evidence to suggest otherwise.

The worst thing for him now is what to do next, plod on, wsbk, retire? Either way, there's a fkn lot of egg involved.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

I won't pretend to be Rossis biggest fan but i'm certainly not a hater. This year has just been a bit of a shock. I, like most people, was expecting much more. Podiums at least. The odd battle for the lead. Every race you're expecting him to suddenly find his form and it's just not happening. It's all going a bit Schumacher.

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

Those elusive podiums

Why would you expect so much from the Rosser in terns of podiums? Is it the lemon haze factor?

Since Pedrosa, Stoner and then Lorenzo hit the field, the old Rosser has been tumbling down the lists.  Hell, Stoner was NOT on the podium a total of 31 times in his total premier class career (yes, including '06) from 97 starts, while since the start of '06, Rossi has NOT been on the podium for 50 of his 106 races started.

Or, to put it another way: Stoner WAS on the podium for very nearly 2 of every three races he started, while Rossi WAS on the podium for a bit less of 1 for every 2 races he started.

Don't despair - to keep his average alive, Rossi has this and the next two races to get on the podium. If he manages to get there this race, then he's scrambling back towards Stoner's average - a mighty boost to his reputation.  To be held as (nearly) competitive with Stoner would be a great achievement that he currently lacks in spades..

Don't hold your breath though, with 6 faster riders on the grid. 

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

Marquez... sixth?

There is only one answer... RETIREMENT!

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

Why...

does everyone think that qualifying is the race, we know Rossi is always faster in the race and yet you people always base your arguments on his poor qualifying, not his race results, which wouldn't actually be so bad if it weren't for a 'bump' in the road at Le Mans and a 'racing incident' at Mugello. What about Marquez, no criticism for him, he hasn't exactly been very fast this weekend.

Reply to this Topic
TetsuoSama

Sep 11

TetsuoSama says:

"What about Marquez, no criticism for him, he hasn't exactly been very fast this weekend."

The kid's a rookie and has been working on the hard tyres for most of the weekend. He's had four out of five podiums in this rookie year including a win ... What exactly do you expect?  A lynching?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices